Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How prone are you to making grammatical errors?

I skipped a lot of posts, but I want to say this; the English language is fucked up yo'.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    I skipped a lot of posts, but I want to say this; the English language is fucked up yo'.
    I don't think it's more fucked up than any other language, but

While there are actual explanations for nearly all of these, the vegetarian/humanitarian one bugs me, because the suffix in vegetarian is just -rian, so obviously humanitarian comes from humanity and not human. So unless they're joking that a humanitarian must eat humanity, that one doesn't make sense and kinda bugs me :P
    Last edited by Llamas; 12-16-2012 at 07:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Edit: by the way, RageandLov, are you saying that in Norwegian, there's NO verb conjugation whatsoever and you just use the infinitive all the time?? Cause that's kinda awesome.
    Yep, it is very easy that way. I don't see a need for differing between the various subjects. You can imagine how hard it was (and is) for me to learn Spanish with all those different verbs. It is just like Slovene it seems:

To have (tener)
    Yo tengo
    Tu tenes
    El/ella tiene
    Nosotros tenemos
    Vosotros tenéis
    Ellos tienen

Norwegian in comparison:

To have (Å ha)
    Jeg har
    Du har
    Han/hun/det har
    Vi har
    De har
    Dere har
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    Yep, it is very easy that way. I don't see a need for differing between the various subjects. You can imagine how hard it was (and is) for me to learn Spanish with all those different verbs. It is just like Slovene it seems:

To have (tener)
    Yo tengo
    Tu tenes
    El/ella tiene
    Nosotros tenemos
    Vosotros tenéis
    Ellos tienen

Norwegian in comparison:

To have (Å ha)
    Jeg har
    Du har
    Han/hun/det har
    Vi har
    De har
    Dere har
    Wow, that's awesome. I mean, in Slovene, it can be useful that the verbs conjugate because they you don't have to use a pronoun. Instead of saying "jaz grem" (I'm going) or "mi gremo" (we're going), you can just say "grem" or "gremo". But still, it must be really hard to learn to conjugate verbs when it DOESN'T EXIST in your language, haha. Spanish conjugation sounds almost as fun as Slovene - except Slovene actually has 3 more cases. There's I, you singular informal, he/she/it, the two of us, the two of you, the two of them, we, they, you plural/formal. I'm still freaked out about the dual cases... jesus christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Wow, that's awesome. I mean, in Slovene, it can be useful that the verbs conjugate because they you don't have to use a pronoun. Instead of saying "jaz grem" (I'm going) or "mi gremo" (we're going), you can just say "grem" or "gremo". But still, it must be really hard to learn to conjugate verbs when it DOESN'T EXIST in your language, haha. Spanish conjugation sounds almost as fun as Slovene - except Slovene actually has 3 more cases. There's I, you singular informal, he/she/it, the two of us, the two of you, the two of them, we, they, you plural/formal. I'm still freaked out about the dual cases... jesus christ.
    You have the same thing in Spanish where you can cut the pronoun as it is obvious to whom you are referring when just saying the verb. I still think it is easier just having to use the pronoun, but have only one verb. Of course I am biased to this, because as you point out, it is indeed hard to learn to conjugate verbs when it doesn't exist in my native language. That is why I make so fundamental mistakes when using English, even though English is one of the easier languages in regards of conjugation.

The "two of us/you/them" is weird, but I can see how it is handy. At least Slovene doesn't have the same word for singular you and plural you like English does. That has always annoyed me and it causes a lot of confusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Semi related: My dad posted a status on facebook that said, "Guano loco, si?" It simply does not have the same ring to it as "batshit crazy" does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

One thing I could never understand...how the hell do you pre-warn someone? Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    One thing I could never understand...how the hell do you pre-warn someone? Makes no sense.
    "Hey, I'm about to warn you about something that will happen!" Just like that.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/