Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How prone are you to making grammatical errors?

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    I'm prone to making the same grammatical and spelling mistakes over and over. It is avoidable and I usually notice them when I read what I have written, but they still happen. I tend to combine "every time" into one word. Llamas has pointed it out more than once.
    This is the first post in the thread (besides mine) which has no grammatical errors (intentional or accidental)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Red face I iz are retarded qwertybcdkb:;@?,!2":/:$&( cfdjcgfdjv383$&@@)""!?,?:\|>**#%*+=

Excellent speeches? No.
    Spelling errors? Yes.
    Perfect punctuation? No.
    Proper grammar? No.
    Is English my second language? Ummmm, no it isn't.
    My Spanish is not decently appropriate due to cussing!

Apparently, the biggest crime you can commit while making a speech is uttering umm, uhh, or like between your thoughts.
    I said, "Hi, I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete took of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    Full version of my avatar: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps9ddf577a.jpg
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

I don't make mistakes. Sometimes the English language is wrong.
    Thibault's New Music Site!
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman
    Those wool-headed buffoons have more pride than a Shaido with one goat.

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Not very prone. For somenone with only a year of grammar training, I do well. Spelling mistakes are practically non-existent. That's with writing, though.

When speaking, I tend to lose my train of thought in the middle of sentences, causing all kinds of grammar issues and interesting word pronunciations. Last night at work, I was talking about something, and I said something like, "I've hasn't hads a problem with those." I had myself a good laugh over that one.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Wait... so you are telling me that, in real life, you are capable of stringing more than a couple words together? wtf?

Cheese, I am awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    Not very prone. For somenone with only a year of grammar training, I do well. Spelling mistakes are practically non-existent. That's with writing, though.

When speaking, I tend to lose my train of thought in the middle of sentences, causing all kinds of grammar issues and interesting word pronunciations. Last night at work, I was talking about something, and I said something like, "I've hasn't hads a problem with those." I had myself a good laugh over that one.
    You honestly have some of the best written English grammar I've seen on the web. I can't say anything regarding how you talk since I haven't ever talked to you in person, but as far as people I interact with online go, you're at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Cheese, I am awesome.
    Damn straight!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I fret more over having impeccable grammar when I write school reports. However, my personality virtually disappears when I write them because I become full-on nerdified.

Does anyone else become rather lax with their grammar in everyday texts or posts as opposed to important reports?
    I said, "Hi, I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete took of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    Full version of my avatar: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps9ddf577a.jpg

Proper English and spoken English are two very different creatures. We have a rule book for what is considered correct grammar, but a lot of those rules go out the window when it comes to dialect. Most people speak differently among their friends than they would in an interview. It is very rare for someone to speak and write with perfect grammar all the time. If I met someone that did, I would spend the whole evening telling my husband about how they talk like a fag and their shits all retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Haha, yeah. This is very totally true! I would assume most people switch to their speaking grammar when posting on a forum such as this one or texting to their friends. On a side note, I HATE textspeak.