Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in ghost?

I watch all of the ghost shows. For some unknown reason I'm completely fascinated and entertained with the ghost shows; ghost hunters is my favorite.

I don't believe, I don't think. I find the stories fascinating, but nothing has ever happened me, so until it does, I remain skeptical.

Saying that, quite a number of relatives, and friends of my parents will refuse to stay in my late grandmother's house, because they've heard furniture being moved round in the middle of the night, and when my grandmother was alive, she used to hear what she described as somebody covered in chains walking slowly upstairs and only stopping when they got to her bedroom door.
    The house used to be an IRA safe house, so presumably quite a number of people died there.

It probably doesn't help that there are really creepy old photographs about the house, the most creepy being a one of my grand aunt who died as a child, and her eyes are painted on to the photo.

I've witnessed/remember a lot of creepy and paranormal seeming shit.

When I was younger I got stuck in a public restroom at a lake, I couldn't open the door because I was small, weak, and had sweaty hands. Anyway, I remember there being a second section of the restroom, it was just an empty room and on the far side of the room there was an exit but in the middle of that room there was a fucking ghost or dead body or something in the chair. I ended up standing on the sink and pounding on the window til my aunt saw me, it was probably 10 minutes. Anyway, I'm fairly certain there was not a chair with a ghost, and there probably wasn't even a second room. My guess is that I just had a nightmare about being stuck in the restroom because it was terrifying and have remembered it that way since.

My brother used to live in a really old house, well old for Arizona. It's been a whore house and a restaurant, then it was abandoned for a long time. Anyway, it's a creepy old victorian style house. One night everyone had fallen asleep except for me, partially because I suck at sleeping, partially because I was terrified of the homeless people in the front yard, and partially because this house is creepy as fuck. At like two in the morning the stairway lights started flickering on and off and I lost my shit and started screaming. My brother was pissed, but I was pretty sure it was a ghost. Now days I'm pretty certain it was just some faulty wiring in a 100 year old house.

tl;dr: if you try hard enough, you can believe anything.
    I wrote a four word letter.

I am constantly amazed how people can believe in anything paranormal. Just because it is dark and there is a noise, does not make it anything but a noise. And...why the fuck do these "ghosts" or spirits or what the hell ever people are afraid of, only come out at night or dark? Oh yeah...and why the hell don't these spirits or ghosts that want to play at night flicking on and off lights and thrrowing candle sticks do something useful... like stock store shelves, scrub my toilet, shovel the friggin snow or other shit that may actually be a benefit? All that I know is that if they are real, they are lazy, good for nothin sonsabitches.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    I am constantly amazed how people can believe in anything paranormal. Just because it is dark and there is a noise, does not make it anything but a noise. And...why the fuck do these "ghosts" or spirits or what the hell ever people are afraid of, only come out at night or dark? Oh yeah...and why the hell don't these spirits or ghosts that want to play at night flicking on and off lights and thrrowing candle sticks do something useful... like stock store shelves, scrub my toilet, shovel the friggin snow or other shit that may actually be a benefit? All that I know is that if they are real, they are lazy, good for nothin sonsabitches.
    Stuff doesn't only happen at night, it can happen during the day too. But mostly why it does happen at night is because of what is called "dead time".One term that is used, more and more freely by paranormal enthusiasts, investigators and so-called professionals alike, is Dead Time. Dead Time, as thought of by many, is a period of time during the early morning hours, 3am specifically. It is thought that this time (and it is generally not defined enough to provide an actual period of time, i.e. one hour, but rather just the rough time of 3am) is related in some spiritual way to the death of Jesus Christ. The theory suggests that spiritual activity is more prevalent at 3am because that is in direct opposition to the exact time of Christ’s Death (3pm). ( I got this from www.paranormalpeopleonline.com)

Also why would a ghost want to clean up after you? They want their presence to be known but not by working for you.
    Last edited by Tiny Vessels; 12-11-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    Stuff doesn't only happen at night, it can happen during the day too. But mostly why it does happen at night is because of what is called "dead time".One term that is used, more and more freely by paranormal enthusiasts, investigators and so-called professionals alike, is Dead Time. Dead Time, as thought of by many, is a period of time during the early morning hours, 3am specifically. It is thought that this time (and it is generally not defined enough to provide an actual period of time, i.e. one hour, but rather just the rough time of 3am) is related in some spiritual way to the death of Jesus Christ. The theory suggests that spiritual activity is more prevalent at 3am because that is in direct opposition to the exact time of Christ’s Death (3pm). ( I got this from www.paranormalpeopleonline.com)

Also why would a ghost want to clean up after you? They want their presents to be known but not by working for you.
    What has some Middle Eastern hippy to do with ghosts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Also why would a ghost want to clean up after you? They want their presents to be known but not by working for you.
    So...do they take into account DST or is 3 am just a rough estimate by them? If they transport themselves from east to west, do they just sit around due to the time difference or do they just get right at it? Also, why are they bringing me presents? Do they have a naughty/nice list like Sannnny Clause? Just asking...

Oh yeah, you do realize you are completely fucking nuts right?

So...do they take into account DST or is 3 am just a rough estimate by them? If they transport themselves from east to west, do they just sit around due to the time difference or do they just get right at it? Also, why are they bringing me presents? Do they have a naughty/nice list like Sannnny Clause? Just asking...

Oh yeah, you do realize you are completely fucking nuts right?
    LOL. Thanks for making me laugh I needed that even tho you were making fun of me . Presence I ment to say, not presents, but come on you knew that I was trying to say.Yeah I know I'm crazy but I like it and I know that you like it too. Never a dull moment.

I never could quite understand how a ghost, rattling chains, just walks through a wall...chains and all. This completely makes no sense. Also, do ghosts fart?

I never could quite understand how a ghost, rattling chains, just walks through a wall...chains and all. This completely makes no sense. Also, do ghosts fart?
    Ghost are capable of doing anything that their human form could do. It's just obvious.
    I used to like Ghost Hunters, I love Ghost Adventures. To me it's so much better than Ghost Hunters, Its more scary and the evidence seems more believable.
    Well, okay. I watched Ghost Adventures once, but I thought it sucked. I guess I just like Jay and Grant.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.