Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Musicians who give entertaining interviews

Default Musicians who give entertaining interviews

What musicians do you find give very entertaining interviews?

If you have links to videos, post them...

Here's Rivers Cuomo, being really pissed off during an entire interview on some Australian talk show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5nWi7JPMso

Here's Maynard James Keenan, being annoyed by an interviewer who is a complete tool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ucBFavtHAY

"It looks so emotionally draining for you when you perform...is it like therapy for you?"
    "Yeah sure. Therapy."

Maynard was bothered by that because she sort of was putting words into his mouth and acting like he should give this typical misunderstood rocker answer.lol.

Here's Henry Rollins being a dick/trying to intimidate a younger kid who is interviewing him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-xMkHgan0Y

The kid is just a bit of a tool, but the way Rollins acts is unwarranted.
    Last edited by bighead384; 12-13-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I like that you can hear RATM playing in the background of Maynard's interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexandematthew View Post
    Sometime I think about the Drama and Jokes I visit on this Board. This is not only for Drama and Jokes but some important information like Handmade Mattresses.

FUcked up had really good interviews back when they were just getting started (or still do depending on who it is). Half the shit they answered with was complete bullshit, and for a looong time people thought that the band literally hated each other.
    Beastie Boys are great interviewees.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Yo dawg, Tom Waits.

Seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tri3FUT3pBo

Every interview with him is an absolute riot. He just lies directly to the interviewer or otherwise reinvents the truth to be funnier or more interesting. Don't believe a word, but believe all of the words. For sure.

Ted Leo is probably my favorite musician to listen to/read interviews by. He's a smart guy with a really great sense of humor. Not much more to it than that.
    "I'll die before I surrender, Tim".

Quote Originally Posted by Retard View Post
    FUcked up had really good interviews back when they were just getting started (or still do depending on who it is). Half the shit they answered with was complete bullshit, and for a looong time people thought that the band literally hated each other.
    Beastie Boys are great interviewees.
    It's funny you should say that. I've always refused to give Fucked Up a chance for two main reasons: 1) They gave an interview one time on http://www.punkradiocast.com/ and were really annoyingly pretentious. They were really over-intellectualizing everything, talking about their tendencies in tour life as if analyzing characters in a novel. 2) A guy I don't like listens to Fucked Up. He's an Army man, and in his FB he has this quote "the nation that makes a great distinction between it's scholars and warriors will having it's thinking done by cowards and it's fighting done by fools". Stupid, stupid quote. I'm sort of kidding about these reasons, but I'm almost not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakebert View Post
    Ted Leo is probably my favorite musician to listen to/read interviews by. He's a smart guy with a really great sense of humor. Not much more to it than that.
    Yeah, he seems like a cool guy and I didn't know he was from New Jersey. I like people that make good points without sounding like they're trying to hard, or are really proud of themselves for what they've said.

I can't decide if I like Henry Rollins or not. Everything I see from him from back in those days, he's pretty much a self righteous cunt. Latter day stuff from him is pretty good though, he's a solid interviewer on his talk show, and his stand up kind of stuff seems pretty alright too.

I find it amazingly annoying that he could be such a cunt to that kid, even though that kid was amazingly annoying himself. But Rollins is someone who always struck me that he really admired and tonnes of respect for other people that he looked up to when he was younger, and there he is shitting all over some kid that looks up to him. Then there's that one video where he gets a few cheap punches into some guy at one of his own shows. Though I can't tell if the guy enjoyed that, or had really done something to spark it off. You can see he swings for Rollins a few times first, with some girly "I don't want to break a finger nail" love taps, but they can almost be seen as friendly, and the dude obviously had no chance of inflicting pain, you can't get a good shot at that angle, Rollins waits for his moment and batters the guy over the head.

Oh, and Roger Waters does some good interviews.
    Last edited by mrconeman; 12-12-2011 at 11:59 PM.
    http://soundcloud.com/ciaran-lyttle
    I did it all for the lulz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't think I'm like this anymore, though many on this forum might think otherwise.
    As I've grown up some. back in the day. I even use myself as an example. reflected on things that happened in the past. I have a better understanding of things now. At least I can admit it now. I have somehow caused this situation by mentioning how I used to act on here. how I've changed. I'm a relatively normal poster now

I do think Rollins was being a huge unwarranted dick, but I still love that interview because I think it's funny. Rollins, recently, has been pretty cool and I admire him, but in his early days with black flag, he had the capacity to be a huge dick, though I think that was mostly his age and the scene he was a part of that influenced that behavior. As he got older, he mellowed out (in a sense, I should say)

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    It's funny you should say that. I've always refused to give Fucked Up a chance for two main reasons: 1) They gave an interview one time on http://www.punkradiocast.com/ and were really annoyingly pretentious. They were really over-intellectualizing everything, talking about their tendencies in tour life as if analyzing characters in a novel. 2) A guy I don't like listens to Fucked Up. He's an Army man, and in his FB he has this quote "the nation that makes a great distinction between it's scholars and warriors will having it's thinking done by cowards and it's fighting done by fools". Stupid, stupid quote. I'm sort of kidding about these reasons, but I'm almost not.

Yeah, he seems like a cool guy and I didn't know he was from New Jersey. I like people that make good points without sounding like they're trying to hard, or are really proud of themselves for what they've said.
    You're missin out dude, one of the best hardcore bands ever. All the over-intellectualization of their interviews are what they do, it's all tounge in cheek, that and most of them are actually pretty fucking smart.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Yeah I dunno. Maybe I'll give Fucked Up a chance at some point. If there was a band called "The Fuck Ups" that would sound more punk than hardcore...for some reason.

Propagandhi, specifically Chris Hannah, give good interviews. I'm a fan of the way Chris Hannah explains things. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxYPxgpvvjg