Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paul McCartney is: NIRVANA

They could've at least chosen a grunge singer... what about Chris Cornell? Or even Gavin Rossdale? Both would've been far better choices than Paul, as iconic as the Beatles are...

And I agree completely with Sapococas. 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I read somewhere (it was in one of the early Nirvana interviews I think) that Cobain didn't really like McCartney. A grunge singer would be much better choice, like Chris Cornell or Mark Arm, or Black Francis from Pixies as Cobain used to idolize them.

As for their relevance today, it's true that Cobain's suicide helped the band reach the status of immortality, but it can't be denied that Nevermind is basically the album that caused the whole alternative rock explosion in the '90s, and made it much easier for punk bands to break through also. So yes, they are overrated, but still very important.

Edit: This is a video of their new song (yes, new ) that was performed at the yesterday's concert. It's not really a bad song, but it's NOT Nirvana, doesn't sound like Nirvana at all. Nirvana songs always seemed to have that spontaneous feel, this sounds much more carefully constructed. This is why I've always been saying that changing a band member was ok (well, changing the singer can turn out well but that's not guaranteed), as long as he wasn't the main songwriter also. Change the main songwriter and it can not be the same band anymore.

Last edited by Rooster; 12-13-2012 at 04:33 AM.

the video was taken down

EDIT
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 12-13-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Cool Smells Like Kurt Cobain Spirit. Dave Grohl on the drums is a beast. Thank u cool2hate

Last edited by Dulce; 12-13-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Eh, it wasn't the worst thing in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

It's not a bad song as such, but I just wish they wouldn't call it a new Nirvana song. Call it something else and then it's fine. We're not sure at this point under which moniker the studio version (to be featured on "Sound City Real to Reel: Music from and Inspired by Sound City" soundtrack) will be released, but it better not be as Nirvana.

The pair were founding members of Nirvana along with Cobain, who committed suicide in 1994.
    Dave Grohl wasn't actually a founding member of Nirvana.

Also, Curt Kirkwood would have been good for this. And not just because his name is Curt.

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Dave Grohl wasn't actually a founding member of Nirvana.
    True, he joined the band after Chad Channing left in 1990.

Anyway, the more I'm looking into this thing the more I think people are just blowing this out of proportions. I don't think Dave, Christ and Pat actually called this a Nirvana reunion at all, they simply wanted to jam together with Paul McCartney. Dave even said they didn't want to do any Beatles or Nirvana songs but rather something new. But of course, Nirvana reunion seems like bigger news than just ex Nirvana members jamming together with a Beatle. Fuck the media.

So, life returns back to normal

edit: Imagine this song with Mark Lanegan on vocals. Mother of God...
    Last edited by Rooster; 12-14-2012 at 03:42 AM.

here is a studio version of the song they also played it on saturday night live

and courtney love said this

''There it was. It was bad. Paul better get earmuffs for the bass playing is all, [Krist] is n ot exactly known for [his] brilliance. The only person that would be [in Nirvana with] Kurt as of [his suicide] was and would still be was [second guitarist and former Germs member ] Pat [Smear]. But If they don't do songs they didn't write, I don't care''