Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: According to Charts News: Americana and Smash are growing up in Sales

Hybrid View

Smile According to Charts News: Americana and Smash are growing up in Sales

According to this twitter site.

http://twitter.com/chartnews

Chart News ‏@chartnews

US album sales: Smash 6,246,221 & Americana 5,013,753 by @Offspring.

Sales are growing up as today.

I would like to know how is in S/T, Ignition, Ixnay On The Hombre, Conspiracy Of One, Splinter, Greatest Hits, R&F,R&G and Days Go by. Currently sales is growing in these albums?

I hope this thread is of utmost importance. We know that wikipedia is lying.

Have a nice day!.

Are you 100% sure the information is actually accurate? Is it directly coming straight from the real source? Wikipedia who? !!

Though i'm not sure how accurate that source is: if its true, i suppose itunes is probably the best explanation. Its an easy way for people who are feeling nostalgic about albums to buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Sefalobe_theoffspring View Post
    According to this twitter site.

http://twitter.com/chartnews

Chart News ‏@chartnews

US album sales: Smash 6,246,221 & Americana 5,013,753 by @Offspring.

Sales are growing up as today.

I would like to know how is in S/T, Ignition, Ixnay On The Hombre, Conspiracy Of One, Splinter, Greatest Hits, R&F,R&G and Days Go by. Currently sales is growing in these albums?

I hope this thread is of utmost importance. We know that wikipedia is lying.

Have a nice day!.
    wasnt Splinter their least popular album?

I'd find it more impressive if sales were decreasing, as that would be impossible.

And I believe that the self titled album is the 'least' popular album, as it never got mainstream, unlike everything that came after Smash.
    * !

Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    And I believe that the self titled album is the 'least' popular album, as it never got mainstream, unlike everything that came after Smash.
    Yeah, the self-titled album was really hard to find in stores when I bought it 9 years ago. Now, everything before Americana is almost impossible to find, at least, in the stores in my area.
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

I still see Smash in record stores quite often, the same for Ixnay actually. I think Ixnay did pretty well over here compared to other countries.

I remember not being able to find the Self Titled record anywhere, and then I bought it from someone from the forums, Tigger Army. I mailed him 10 euros and he mailed me the CD back. That was like 10 years ago now.. I still have the CD of course, unplayable at the moment.

But to come back on these numbers, they don't include second-hand sales I think, right? That's how I often by my CD's. I've got an uncountable amount of Offspring CD's that I bought second hand. Can't resist a < 8 copy of an Offspring album, regardless whether I have it or not.

And what about the release of Smash a year or two ago, is it considered as the same album?
    * !

I don't see the first album that much anymore either I wonder if it being on Nitro has anything to do with it?

also I still see Americana at wal mart also at the local thrift store

Can't resist a < €8 copy of an Offspring album, regardless whether I have it or not.
    same here I bought Conspiracy of One at a swap meet in 2004 just because it was $3

And what about the release of Smash a year or two ago, is it considered as the same album?
    the 2008 remastered version? I would think it would count as the same album but im not sure?
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 12-17-2012 at 12:22 AM.

I still see Smash in record stores quite often, the same for Ixnay actually. I think Ixnay did pretty well over here compared to other countries.

I remember not being able to find the Self Titled record anywhere, and then I bought it from someone from the forums, Tigger Army. I mailed him 10 euros and he mailed me the CD back. That was like 10 years ago now.. I still have the CD of course, unplayable at the moment.

But to come back on these numbers, they don't include second-hand sales I think, right? That's how I often by my CD's. I've got an uncountable amount of Offspring CD's that I bought second hand. Can't resist a < 8 copy of an Offspring album, regardless whether I have it or not.

Holy shit, I miss that guy! Such a cool dude! Where the fuck is he now?

I'd find it more impressive if sales were decreasing, as that would be impossible.

Well I meant post Smash.