Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: According to Charts News: Americana and Smash are growing up in Sales

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    I'd find it more impressive if sales were decreasing, as that would be impossible.

    And I believe that the self titled album is the 'least' popular album, as it never got mainstream, unlike everything that came after Smash.
    Well I meant post Smash.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,234


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nachoes View Post
    Well I meant post Smash.
    Days Go By is the least popular album post-smash. Even though you can't count record sales since the industry landscape is too different between Smash and Days Go By, the record didn't create any kind of buzz. It only has one hit single (Splinter had two), and is unlikely to get another. It's also the first time one of their records charted outside of the top 10 since Ignition.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    9,634


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    It's also the first time one of their records charted outside of the top 10 since Ignition.
    wikipedia says splinter was 30 on the billboard 200 when it came out that's wrong isn't it? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Splinte...certifications

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Days Go By is the least popular album post-smash. Even though you can't count record sales since the industry landscape is too different between Smash and Days Go By, the record didn't create any kind of buzz. It only has one hit single (Splinter had two), and is unlikely to get another. It's also the first time one of their records charted outside of the top 10 since Ignition.
    That is surprising because I think Days Go By is a far better Album than Splinter.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nijmegen, The Netherlands
    Posts
    11,140


    Default

    I think you guys are binding the word 'popular' to the number of albums sold.

    Of course Days Go By is 'less popular' then. It only has been out for 6 months, while Splinter's been out for exactly 9 years and 10 days now. Aside from that, every year CD sales drop since it's free and very easy to download albums.
    * !

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,649


    Default

    Not to mention that people just don't appreciate rock music like they used to, even 5 years ago, and it was on the decline even then.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,234


    Default

    Ah, you guys are right. I completely forgot about Splinter.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    9,634


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Ah, you guys are right. I completely forgot about Splinter.
    I think it had to do with it coming out right before christmas

    looking back im glad they didn't put out RAFRAG in December 2007

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •