Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh: "Left Mobilizes to Politicize School Shooting"

Don't steal wallet...won't get shot. I know that takes a lot of time to digest, but give it a try, it may sink in.
    Again....just want to point out that (a) using lethal force in defense of property is not legal, and (b) shooting someone in the back as they're running away is also not legal.

I am impressed you are so concerned about a criminals right to life when they are committing a crime on an innocent law abiding citizen. God forbid you ever get robbed, but if you do, throw in a few extra bucks for me ok?
    I wonder how, in your mind, you make the leap from "stealing is not a capital offense," to, "stealing is okay and should not be punished?"

I noticed a lot of libertarians seem to have a problem understanding that treating criminals humanely does not mean treating them nice. It's as if they can't understand the difference.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I've had shit stolen from me, and while those people are dickheads and losers, I would stand up for their right to life. Breaking man-made laws does not remove the right to live. Who the hell are you to decide that someone deserves to die?
    Go ahead and stand up for them. I won't stop your from being an idiot. Your right to live comes with the obvious responsiblity of self control. If you don't have self control, your right to exist ceases to be an issue. So if someone breaks into a house, steals property and they (criminal) get head full of lead, you are sad? You have to get one thing through your thick head...the criminal put a value on his life the second he decided to break the law.

Your right to live comes with the obvious responsiblity of self control. If you don't have self control, your right to exist ceases to be an issue.
    That's interesting. What part of the Constitution was it that said, your right to life ceases to be relevant if you commit a non-capital offense? Or is that just your personal opinion?

So if someone breaks into a house, steals property and they (criminal) get head full of lead, you are sad?
    Well, for one, if a person breaks into my house, and I have a gun, I probably won't shoot them unless they're threatening my life or the lives of my friends/family, and I'm telling them to leave my property but they won't. And even then, I'm not going to murder them unless there's just no other way, although I might blow out a kneecap or a shoulder.

That said, I would be a little sad if someone did die, because that means the conflict escalated and I wasn't able to contain and eliminate it soon enough. Also, I'm rarely happy when someone I don't know dies.
    "I'm sorry
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    That's interesting. What part of the Constitution was it that said, your right to life ceases to be relevant if you commit a non-capital offense? Or is that just your personal opinion?

Well, for one, if a person breaks into my house, and I have a gun, I probably won't shoot them unless they're threatening my life or the lives of my friends/family, and I'm telling them to leave my property but they won't. And even then, I'm not going to murder them unless there's just no other way, although I might blow out a kneecap or a shoulder.

That said, I would be a little sad if someone did die, because that means the conflict escalated and I wasn't able to contain and eliminate it soon enough. Also, I'm rarely happy when someone I don't know dies.
    1. Personal opinion. Every issue of life and death is not outlined in the Constitution. Makes pretty good sense for a long life in my book. If someone breaks in, how the fuck do you know what their intentions are? People high on crack have been known to do weird shit. I am not there to psycho-analyze ANY reason they decided break in. I assume it means to harm me or my family. Like I said, the second they decided to break in, they put a value on their life...not me.

Well, aim for that knee cap or shoulder (which is right next to his friggin head btw...don't miss). I consider myself a decent shot, but during the helter skelter horror of a home invasion, I make no promises of being able to hit the broad side of a barn. Maybe you have found a way to make the criminal hold still while your deftly make that sniper shot from 40 feet just winging him.

I am sad when an innocent victim dies. When a criminal dies, I worry more about what's for lunch.

1. Personal opinion. Every issue of life and death is not outlined in the Constitution. Makes pretty good sense for a long life in my book. If someone breaks in, how the fuck do you know what their intentions are? People high on crack have been known to do weird shit. I am not there to psycho-analyze ANY reason they decided break in. I assume it means to harm me or my family. Like I said, the second they decided to break in, they put a value on their life...not me.
    Well, to be fair, a break-in is a special circumstance, different from a simple purse-snatching or something. There's generally an assumed threat to your life if someone breaks into your house, and so it's more understandable. However, if someone, for example, steals your wallet at a flea market or something, I just don't see how you can justify shooting them in the back as they're running away. Your property has value, yes, but not more value than someone's life, regardless.

Well, aim for that knee cap or shoulder (which is right next to his friggin head btw...don't miss). I consider myself a decent shot, but during the helter skelter horror of a home invasion, I make no promises of being able to hit the broad side of a barn. Maybe you have found a way to make the criminal hold still while your deftly make that sniper shot from 40 feet just winging him.
    For one, my house is pretty small, so if I'm shooting someone inside my house, there's a good chance that I'm at very close range. So it's more reasonable to aim at specific parts when you're at close range. If you have a bigger house, things might be different. But I'm of the philosophy that if you can shoot to disable rather than shoot to kill, you should.
    "I'm sorry
    "

Well, to be fair, a break-in is a special circumstance, different from a simple purse-snatching or something. There's generally an assumed threat to your life if someone breaks into your house, and so it's more understandable. However, if someone, for example, steals your wallet at a flea market or something, I just don't see how you can justify shooting them in the back as they're running away. Your property has value, yes, but not more value than someone's life, regardless.

For one, my house is pretty small, so if I'm shooting someone inside my house, there's a good chance that I'm at very close range. So it's more reasonable to aim at specific parts when you're at close range. If you have a bigger house, things might be different. But I'm of the philosophy that if you can shoot to disable rather than shoot to kill, you should.
    I have to applaud you for being brief. I like it.

Again, stop saying that anyone is putting a value on life other than the criminal. The outcome of committing a crime has never been guarenteed. Don't blame the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Don't steal wallet...won't get shot. I know that takes a lot of time to digest, but give it a try, it may sink in.

I am impressed you are so concerned about a criminals right to life when they are committing a crime on an innocent law abiding citizen. God forbid you ever get robbed, but if you do, throw in a few extra bucks for me ok? The yell..."Hey, that's for Moto, don't fuck with him...mmmmmk!?" I would rather they have a little extra from you than bother me.
    It might do you some good to leave Wisconsin. It'll give you some perspective.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Perspective on what exactly?

I have left Wisconsin many times....no problem. As a matter of fact, I am going back to Iowa this weekend, should I be taking notes on something? Or is it I need more of your perspective? According to your type, as long as I have a known large value in my purse or wallet, killing is ok?

Again....just want to point out that (a) using lethal force in defense of property is not legal, and (b) shooting someone in the back as they're running away is also not legal.I wonder how, in your mind, you make the leap from "stealing is not a capital offense," to, "stealing is okay and should not be punished?"

I noticed a lot of libertarians seem to have a problem understanding that treating criminals humanely does not mean treating them nice. It's as if they can't understand the difference.
    TEXAS. Shoot to kill. Deadly force...yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    What is wrong with Wisconsin?

I'd figure with all the damn lefties in Madison and Milwaukee, you two would find it to be a paradise!

And I've lived all over, and it's all pretty much the same, (excepting the south, where Static_Martyr is, to hear him speak, it must be a real back-asswards shithole)