Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Limbaugh: "Left Mobilizes to Politicize School Shooting"

According to the National Self Defense Survey conducted by Florida State University criminologists in 1994, the rate of Defensive Gun Uses can be projected nationwide to approximately 2.5 million per year -- one Defensive Gun Use every 13 seconds.
    Source: http://www.pulpless.com/gunclock/stats.html

Defensive Hand Gun Uses (DHGUs) are an interesting thing to consider. However, I find it fucking hard to believe that there is one DHGU every 13 seconds. That's ridiculous.
    Last edited by bighead384; 01-15-2013 at 09:28 AM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

SSI has been bastardized down to being a god damn joke. This fund was set up to be a TRUST. Not a pile of money to borrow against, "balance" the budget, fund stupid federal shit OR BUY FUCKING VOTES. Anyone with a "disability" dignosed by a Dr. can get SSI payments even they have paid very in little to the fund. The entire idea of SSI was not to support the fucking worthless segement of society who refuse to work. I have paid tens of thousands into this fund and my age for drawing my full benefits keeps increasing. How about allowing people to opt out of this disgrace. SSI will eventually go broke. I don't have the exact figures, but the funds going into SSI are barely keeping up with the payments. SSI payments to retirees and the like that have paid in...no problem. We all know there are millions scamming this fund.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    SSI has been bastardized down to being a god damn joke. This fund was set up to be a TRUST. Not a pile of money to borrow against, "balance" the budget, fund stupid federal shit OR BUY FUCKING VOTES. Anyone with a "disability" dignosed by a Dr. can get SSI payments even they have paid very in little to the fund. The entire idea of SSI was not to support the fucking worthless segement of society who refuse to work. I have paid tens of thousands into this fund and my age for drawing my full benefits keeps increasing. How about allowing people to opt out of this disgrace. SSI will eventually go broke. I don't have the exact figures, but the funds going into SSI are barely keeping up with the payments. SSI payments to retirees and the like that have paid in...no problem. We all know there are millions scamming this fund.
    I totally agree with what you said 100%

SSI has been bastardized down to being a god damn joke. This fund was set up to be a TRUST. Not a pile of money to borrow against, "balance" the budget, fund stupid federal shit OR BUY FUCKING VOTES.
    You're not making any sense, and very little of what you're saying has any factual basis in reality.

For one, who's "buying votes" with Social Security? What are you talking about?

I do agree that SS funds were stolen to fund things they were not intended to fund. However, that is a strike against Congress, not SS. That's like blaming the victim of a theft for being "bad at handling money" while letting the thief off scott-free.

Anyone with a "disability" dignosed by a Dr. can get SSI payments even they have paid very in little to the fund.
    I would largely disagree with that assessment, as I don't think it's the norm. However, I *can* personally testify that my drug-addicted father did do something similar to that (he was diagnosed with "depression" because he has bipolar disorder and has been on disability for several years now). I'd say again, though, that this is a sign of system misuse on the part of lawmakers, and not an inherent flaw in the system. It's very difficult to abuse it in this fashion --- you have to go through doctors and lawyers and judges, and there's much regulation --- but that doesn't mean people aren't able to slip through the cracks every now and then.

How about allowing people to opt out of this disgrace.
    Or --- much better idea --- how about fixing the holes in the system so it's stable and efficient like it was originally intended to be, and was for decades? Instead of fucking over all the people who genuinely rely on SS for support, just to make sure we "get back at" the ones who are abusing it?
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    You're not making any sense, and very little of what you're saying has any factual basis in reality.

For one, who's "buying votes" with Social Security? What are you talking about?

I do agree that SS funds were stolen to fund things they were not intended to fund. However, that is a strike against Congress, not SS. That's like blaming the victim of a theft for being "bad at handling money" while letting the thief off scott-free.

I would largely disagree with that assessment, as I don't think it's the norm. However, I *can* personally testify that my drug-addicted father did do something similar to that (he was diagnosed with "depression" because he has bipolar disorder and has been on disability for several years now). I'd say again, though, that this is a sign of system misuse on the part of lawmakers, and not an inherent flaw in the system. It's very difficult to abuse it in this fashion --- you have to go through doctors and lawyers and judges, and there's much regulation --- but that doesn't mean people aren't able to slip through the cracks every now and then.

Or --- much better idea --- how about fixing the holes in the system so it's stable and efficient like it was originally intended to be, and was for decades? Instead of fucking over all the people who genuinely rely on SS for support, just to make sure we "get back at" the ones who are abusing it?
    I was involved in 2 federal audits of SSI payments a few years back. It was more of a compliance audit and not necessarily a financial audit. We found areas of rampant abuse. There were processing errors, application fraud, SS# fraud, etc...you get the idea. Funds were being paid to people who did not qualify for SSI payments.

Also, SS funds (the 12.4% fica that is sent in to the feds for every dollar you make) has been borrowed against. These funds were spent by politicians...promising voters all kinds of things if you vote for me (PORK...PORK...PORK)...this is one small reason we are now almost $17,000,000,000,000 in debt. SSI receipts are barely keeping up with outlays currently. 30 years ago there was a large surplus each year. This was a time when SSI disbility was not the norm. Now with everyone feeling "entitled" and playing "poor pitiful fucking me" I need help cause I am too fucking lazy and stupid to make it in the big bad world, more and more worthless fucks are dependent on the government for their daily existence. There are more people than ever on SSI disability. Is it legal? Probably. Are millions scamming the SSI system? Positively. All you need is a completely bullshit diagnosis from a dipshit doctor and you qualify for SSI disability. This entire bi-polar epidemic and the like is a god damn joke. All this amounts to is one thing...pay me. Fuck everyone else...pay me. I don't care who pays for it...pay me. Again, politicians DO NOT want to change the system? WHY????? Because the politician that runs on SSI reform will cut his own political throat.

On behalf of myself who, several years ago was facing the possibility of having to go on SSDI at age 23, and on behalf of my friends on SSDI with the same debilitating illness, fuck right off with your self-centered horseshit, Moto.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    On behalf of myself who, several years ago was facing the possibility of having to go on SSDI at age 23, and on behalf of my friends on SSDI with the same debilitating illness, fuck right off with your self-centered horseshit, Moto.
    Well, isn't that fine. I've noticed that all these "anti-abled" people who can't work or think straight any longer sure as hell can find their way to applying for free shit and somehow battle it to the mailbox every month to pick-up their check. To all those with their bad fucking backs, bi-polar crazy shit scams, and other assorted crazy ass pysco and quasi physical bullshit reasons for not working and making on their own in this world...kiss my ass.

^Seconded, as someone who would be on SSI if I didn't happen to have a mom with a really good job and a lot of patience.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Has Obama and his liberal types hit a new low? Apparently he is prancing school kids out now in video format telling the world why guns are bad. Apparently liberals love the kids. Commendable...in an overtly pathetic way.

[QUOTE=MOTO13;1493186]Has Obama and his liberal types hit a new low? Apparently he is prancing school kids out now in video format telling the world why guns are bad. Apparently liberals love the kids. Commendable...in an overtly pathetic way.[/QUOTE/]

Why military issued guns are bad. I am a liberal and but yet I'm pro-gun, have guns have lots of guns, but idk if we really need to own military issued guns. Also Obama wants to have a full time ATF leader. Cause the person is has the title is a governer of some state ( I don't remember what one) and it's more like a part time job instead of full time job.