Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Being opinionated on Facebook

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,366


    Default Being opinionated on Facebook

    What do you think of being opinionated on Facebook?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Vodka Belt
    Posts
    3,270


    Default

    If you mean that people should stick to their opinion on facebook and be very open about their opinion, I say why not. A bit discussion isn't dangerous, just like you would around a table at a pub with them in real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,009


    Default

    I don't see why not. Facebook is a platform to communicate with people. If you're an opinionated person, why wouldn't you want to share it on Facebook, too?

    Also, I don't really get what's up with people overanalyzing what people use their Facebook profiles for. There's a ton of crap people post that I don't care about, and if someone posts too much of that stuff, I remove them as a friend - or hide them if we see each other often/they're a family member and I just don't want to read the stuff they post.
    Last edited by Llamas; 12-15-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,565


    Default

    As soon as I saw the title for this thread, I knew it was made by bighead. What I think about people being opinionated on facebook is the same as I think about people being opinionated in real life.
    Last edited by "Melyssa K" Kennedy; 12-15-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,071


    Default

    I once posted an article on Facebook about NC legislative folks voting to withdraw funding from Planned Parenthood. Note: State funding is barred, by law, from being used to fund abortions, both through donations to Planned Parenthood and Medicaid. It was even mentioned in the article that state funding goes towards programs designed to help prevent teen pregnancy and safe sex awareness and that it couldn't legally be used for abortions.

    Anywho...

    My cousin posted some nonsensical comment about abortion being bad, to which Llamas and my friend replied. It got a little out of hand and I chewed him out via private message for being a dickweed who didn't bother to read the article and thinks of Planned Parenthood as Ye Ol' Abortion Facotory. He subsequently changed his tune. I deleted the conversation and replaced it with a comment about how it wasn't about abortion, but other greatly needed programs that were run by the company.

    I guess that this is less of a post about Facebook opinions and more a post about disliking people and their opinions in general. Especially when they don't even bother to read what I'm talking about before jumping all over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,450


    Default

    I am very opinionated on my own facebook, but also on others. I don't see an issue and I think arguing is a good thing. As long as people know something about their opinion and have some evidence, I am fine with people being opinionated. That's why I hate Ron Paul supporters, none of those people have any fucking idea what they are talking about.

    Anyway, I am pretty opinionated and post controversial things often, but I have reasons and evidence for my opinions. I like when people challenge me and I am willing to change my mind and I am okay with being proven wrong. People get way to butthurt about being called out or someone disagreeing with them, just because I think you are wrong does not mean I am making a personal attack on you.

    There are a lot of times where I want to call someone out, but I do not, because I am lazy. Other times I don't call them out because I don't feel like arguing because I'd have to argue with them and all of their friends. Other times, I tell people they are stupid and why they are stupid.
    I wrote a four word letter.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Transmetropolitan
    Posts
    6,450


    Default

    I want to reiterate here, I fucking hate when people think arguing is a bad thing. I have friends that I argue with all the time about stupid shit and sometimes about more serious stuff, then I have friends who want to interrupt these discussions and go 'GOD GUYS, CALM DOWN, NO NEED TO ARGUE, WHY ARE YOU GUYS MAD, UGH' and that shit upsets me. No one is raising their voices, no one is mad, no one feels offended, we're just having a discussion. Shut the fuck up.
    I wrote a four word letter.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,565


    Default

    Argue means to have a disagreement between two or more parties, not to fight. Most people just think of arguing as a bitter and stubborn verbal fight between people. I'm too tired to look up the ACTUAL exact definition of argue, I just stated the main idea I remember from one of my comp classes. Feel free to correct me. I just know it doesn't mean a verbal fight.
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,009


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    I once posted an article on Facebook about NC legislative folks voting to withdraw funding from Planned Parenthood. Note: State funding is barred, by law, from being used to fund abortions, both through donations to Planned Parenthood and Medicaid. It was even mentioned in the article that state funding goes towards programs designed to help prevent teen pregnancy and safe sex awareness and that it couldn't legally be used for abortions.

    Anywho...

    My cousin posted some nonsensical comment about abortion being bad, to which Llamas and my friend replied. It got a little out of hand and I chewed him out via private message for being a dickweed who didn't bother to read the article and thinks of Planned Parenthood as Ye Ol' Abortion Facotory. He subsequently changed his tune. I deleted the conversation and replaced it with a comment about how it wasn't about abortion, but other greatly needed programs that were run by the company.

    I guess that this is less of a post about Facebook opinions and more a post about disliking people and their opinions in general. Especially when they don't even bother to read what I'm talking about before jumping all over it.
    Lol yep. That was fun I agree with you, though - and I think most people who "hate arguing" on Facebook actually have the same stance, but can't admit it. It's not that they hate arguing, but rather that they hate people disagreeing with them and questioning their own opinions. I've had several people on FB (many of whom I don't typically agree with) tell me they really like it when I get into debates on their pages because I discuss things rationally, with logic and sources to back up my claims. And when I'm wrong, I concede. This is something I've worked on for years and used to SUCK at, though. I'm sure some people here remember this well. I used to jump into arguments, get really hot headed, and never back down even when I was wrong. That was some serious shit :P

    Personally, I don't mind being disagreed with and discussing opinions/arguing, as long as the other party is willing to actually see my perspective as I see theirs and has sources to back up their opinions. Like in all this discussion about gun control, a friend of mine commented on a link I posted that she and her husband own five guns and doesn't think the government has certain rights regarding her guns. The discussion was rather calm and she backed up her points rationally. I totally respect that.

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    I am very opinionated on my own facebook, but also on others. I don't see an issue and I think arguing is a good thing. As long as people know something about their opinion and have some evidence, I am fine with people being opinionated. That's why I hate Ron Paul supporters, none of those people have any fucking idea what they are talking about.

    Anyway, I am pretty opinionated and post controversial things often, but I have reasons and evidence for my opinions. I like when people challenge me and I am willing to change my mind and I am okay with being proven wrong. People get way to butthurt about being called out or someone disagreeing with them, just because I think you are wrong does not mean I am making a personal attack on you.

    There are a lot of times where I want to call someone out, but I do not, because I am lazy. Other times I don't call them out because I don't feel like arguing because I'd have to argue with them and all of their friends. Other times, I tell people they are stupid and why they are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    I want to reiterate here, I fucking hate when people think arguing is a bad thing. I have friends that I argue with all the time about stupid shit and sometimes about more serious stuff, then I have friends who want to interrupt these discussions and go 'GOD GUYS, CALM DOWN, NO NEED TO ARGUE, WHY ARE YOU GUYS MAD, UGH' and that shit upsets me. No one is raising their voices, no one is mad, no one feels offended, we're just having a discussion. Shut the fuck up.
    Agreed with all of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,071


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    I want to reiterate here, I fucking hate when people think arguing is a bad thing. I have friends that I argue with all the time about stupid shit and sometimes about more serious stuff, then I have friends who want to interrupt these discussions and go 'GOD GUYS, CALM DOWN, NO NEED TO ARGUE, WHY ARE YOU GUYS MAD, UGH' and that shit upsets me. No one is raising their voices, no one is mad, no one feels offended, we're just having a discussion. Shut the fuck up.
    Me and my husband argue/debate almost constantly. We like to throw in insults and other stuff, but we do it all with big huge grins on our faces. It took my sister 3 years to figure out that we were just having fun with our argument and good naturedly bashing each other. It was constantly "omg guys stop fighting"
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •