Thread: College Football Bowls

Default College Football Bowls

Well... it's that time of year again and my shitty school didn't even make a bowl game but some people here have teams in crazy good games

(1565 - if my ND alum friends are any indication you are probably super excited about the national champ game?).

as a UCLA phd student I suppose I should be excited about the holiday bowl? but really I'm just sad Cal sucked this season and am already looking forward to bball and next football season...

(and all of this because I'm bored with no hockey to talk about)

Thoughts anyone?

I am indeed stoked, but the Irish are going to get killed by the Tide. S'cool, tho.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

I sure hope not. I was excited at prospect of SEC not even being in championship game. but Bama losing will be good enough to appease me, haha.

ND's season this year was a lot of lucky breaks. If USC's starting QB hadn't have been taken out for the year in the game right before the ND/USC game, I'm not sure the Irish would have taken it. They barely squeaked out wins against teams that should have been very easy for them to beat. Everett Golson is a good QB but he's still mad young. Manti Te'o is a great player, but he's not the best by any means. The Crimson Tide are going to run them over. So it goes.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

I'll be cheering for ND in that one. I hate Bama. Always and forever.

Apparently the Gophers are going to a bowl game. It's the Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas, in Houston, TX!!! Wooo! The Gophers are 1) going to a bowl game, and 2) it's not the Music City Bowl!! But we're playing Texas Tech and are very much the underdogs. We're gonna get stomped :P I'm not really all that into college football anymore, though, mostly since I'm not in the US. It's hard enough trying to keep up with the NFL when I have to watch the game alone most of the time, can't go to the games, and the games come on at ridiculous hours :P I was way into Gopher football in college, when my friends and I were going to the games, having get-togethers to watch the away games on tv, and sometimes traveling for away games. I can't even watch Gopher games here (minus the bowl game, and maybe Minnesota-Iowa, or Minnesota-Wisconsin) because they only air on the Big Ten network because the Gophers suck ass I really appreciate college football, though. In many ways, it's more fun to watch than the NFL because the guys play with more passion, and the rules are more "real" - no anti-celebration rules, and the guys can actually HIT each other :P

Maybe I should make a new thread to discuss pro sports vs college sports... sorry GO NOTRE DAME!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I'll be in Albuquerque with the University of Arizona's marching band to cheer on the cats as we take on Nevada in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl! I'm not looking forward to the weather, though. It's supposed to snow the day before the game, and coming from a guy who has grown up in 110 degree weather, that's a bit extreme for me.

For a team that wasn't even supposed to get 4 wins this year under a brand new coach and system, us going to a bowl game is a pretty big deal, even though we lost to ASU. It'll be fun to play in the first bowl game of the season, and you guys should all watch and tell me if you see me on tv! I'll be the snare drummer in the middle of the line if they have any close-up shots of the band at the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by pyro offspring View Post
    is it true that obama may legaliz it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I'll be in Albuquerque with the University of Arizona's marching band to cheer on the cats as we take on Nevada in the Gildan New Mexico Bowl! I'm not looking forward to the weather, though. It's supposed to snow the day before the game, and coming from a guy who has grown up in 110 degree weather, that's a bit extreme for me.

For a team that wasn't even supposed to get 4 wins this year under a brand new coach and system, us going to a bowl game is a pretty big deal, even though we lost to ASU. It'll be fun to play in the first bowl game of the season, and you guys should all watch and tell me if you see me on tv! I'll be the snare drummer in the middle of the line if they have any close-up shots of the band at the game!
    sounds good, and congrats. I'm hoping for the same kind of rebound for Cal next year (actually more of a ucla kind of rebound really)

Yeah, I don't know what the hell happened with UCLA this year, but I hope that Arizona gets a little bit of whatever they were smoking. For a first year coach to almost make it to the Rose bowl is pretty damn impressive.

Congrats Thomas, that was some game!

This weekend was crazy for U of A athletics. I'm just going to leave it at that.