Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Doompocalypse

One will probably lead to the other, all initiated by humans.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    I'm just waiting for the Zombie Apocalypse to happen.
    The future Zombies 666.
    Last edited by Dulce; 12-22-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    When we run out of water, it will be too late to change.
    Wait a second. Are you saying we'll run out of something that covers 71 % of the surface of our planet? I know that there's a billion people that has problems accessing drinking water at this time and in the future it will be worse, but have you heard about Solar water disinfection, a simple and inexpensive process (sometimes further processes for making the water safe to drink may be needed, but my point here is that it can be done)? Drinking water access may be a problem for a sizeable ammount of human population, but there is a solution that could improve the situation at least a bit. Had not the world been so overpopulated by humans this problem might not have existed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulce View Post
    The future Zombies 666.
    Do you have ANYTHING worthy of contribution to any thread at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    I'm just waiting for the Zombie Apocalypse to happen.
    The future Zombies 666.
    "Everyone dies, everyone lies,
    They're waiting for the second coming again--
    See with your eyes, my army of flies,
    When no one's alive
    Bring me 115!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Wait a second. Are you saying we'll run out of something that covers 71 % of the surface of our planet? I know that there's a billion people that has problems accessing drinking water at this time and in the future it will be worse, but have you heard about Solar water disinfection, a simple and inexpensive process (sometimes further processes for making the water safe to drink may be needed, but my point here is that it can be done)? Drinking water access may be a problem for a sizeable ammount of human population, but there is a solution that could improve the situation at least a bit. Had not the world been so overpopulated by humans this problem might not have existed in the first place.
    I mean when we run out of freshwater, because desalinization isn't a viable option right now. Military strategists have already started preparing for the wars over water. In other words, this could be bad.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

I mean when we run out of freshwater, because desalinization isn't a viable option right now. Military strategists have already started preparing for the wars over water. In other words, this could be bad.
    Oh, I see what you mean now. And yes, fresh water access could become a big problem in the future, not so much in let's say Europe or USA or countries where fresh water is easily accessible, but in places where these problems already occur they could get much worse. There are solutions, but I'm not sure if the problem could be entirely solved (or if there even are serious efforts to do something about it yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Do you have ANYTHING worthy of contribution to any thread at all?
    Sorry, now I feel really bad about not taking life more seriously. One of my relatives is in the hospital and chances are she may or not make it.

Sorry, now I feel really bad about not taking life more seriously. One of my relatives is in the hospital and chances are she may or not make it.
    Life is not meant to be taken seriously, but rather, viewed through a serious lens. Do you get my drift on this one?

Reverse osmosis, if I'm not mistaking, is a very expensive process, as is all desalinization processes. It's not that we'll run out of fresh water, it's that we'll run out of freshwater that is easily accessible. The Ogallala Aquifer is being depleted so quickly that it could affect the amount of grain the mid USA can produce, and we feed a large part of the world with our grain. Aquifers in deserts are also be depleted, leaving the desert's inhabitants without easy ways to get water.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Reverse osmosis, if I'm not mistaking, is a very expensive process, as is all desalinization processes. It's not that we'll run out of fresh water, it's that we'll run out of freshwater that is easily accessible. The Ogallala Aquifer is being depleted so quickly that it could affect the amount of grain the mid USA can produce, and we feed a large part of the world with our grain. Aquifers in deserts are also be depleted, leaving the desert's inhabitants without easy ways to get water.
    I'm no scientist, but most of what you said makes sense to me. It's just like how we don't have a food shortage, it's just that the food cannot get to the starving people who need it. Right?

I'm no scientist, but most of what you said makes sense to me. It's just like how we don't have a food shortage, it's just that the food cannot get to the starving people who need it. Right?
    Precisely. I studied a lot about this for a global climate destabilization project. Another huge issue is desertification. Too much cultivation of an area removes all the nutrients so nothing else can grow and tilling and such activities loosens up the topsoil, which blows away in the winds. The lands become deserts and it spread very quickly. It's a major problem in some areas of China and other places around the world. Once the land becomes desert, it is nearly impossible to revert it back. The sands blow into peoples' houses and bury villages and towns.