Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being Photogenic

Default Being Photogenic

Is being photogenic a real thing? Or is it just an excuse for ugly people?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Dare to ask a shallow/conceited photogenic person that?
    Last edited by Dulce; 12-23-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Some of the most beautiful people i've known take TERRIBLE photos. Also, ever seen a model IRL instead of a photo? Most of them are not even remotely attractive to me. Like my friend Matt: GREAAAAAT modeling portfolio, awkward and weird as fuck looking in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Photographs don't portray how people look face to face, and I think your choice of wording in your question is incredibly insensitive.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Its Bighead. What do you expect?
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

True enough. But, c'mon, I thought that he might have learned some tact by now. Then again, I wasn't here years ago.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Bighead.
    Instead of asking us if photogenesis is a real thing, why don't quit it and go to a dictionary. Stop asking us this shot as if we're your parents and get some damn answers on your own?
    Love,
    Godxilla

PS: When will your "Is Santa Claus a black man?" thread come up?
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis lev.

Wait does "being photogenic" mean that you have the capacity to look good/better than usual in photos, or does it mean that every single picture that is taken of you will look good with absolutely no effort? While I believe that the latter does not exist, I would say that the former is just another word for having some kind of self-reflection abilities that makes you aware of how you are going to look in a photo and able to take actions toward a better look in photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Its not a "better than others in all pictures" thing. Its more that the likelihood of a picture of you looks good is greater than the average person. Some people truly photograph better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    photogenesis
    Huh? What is "photogenesis"?

Quote Originally Posted by ad8 View Post
    Wait does "being photogenic" mean that you have the capacity to look good/better than usual in photos, or does it mean that every single picture that is taken of you will look good with absolutely no effort? While I believe that the latter does not exist, I would say that the former is just another word for having some kind of self-reflection abilities that makes you aware of how you are going to look in a photo and able to take actions toward a better look in photos.
    Granted, but I think this is a very small part of it, mainly because I believe that people have very similar abilities when it comes to the ability to self-reflect moments before a picture is taken. Sure, there's obvious traits of physical attractiveness, but beyond that, I think some (perhaps fairly attractive) people just have facial characteristics that make it hard to replicate established "looks" that make for a good photo. For example, some people naturally look more spaced out or unfocused, which often causes a poor photo.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Its not a "better than others in all pictures" thing. Its more that the likelihood of a picture of you looks good is greater than the average person. Some people truly photograph better than others.
    But how do you explain this and what causes it?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.