Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: So, what happened to all these "groups" I see people part of?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,776


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I still post here way more then facebook or twitter if you want to talk about offspring I think this is the best place

    I agree if you aren't friends with some of these people on facebook you might be missing out

    Same here. I'm on here more than I am on Facebook.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,565


    Default

    Yeah, I don't get anyone asking to be my friend on facebook. In fact, I feel I am just started to be more accepted here. I'm getting replies from more members, certain other members have ceased picking on me, I get along with some members I was on rough water with at first, and I'm DM'ing a few other members. Mike, I talk to you a lot of twitter, sometimes FB. Is there like an initiation stage after joining the forum or something?
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,044


    Default Change is key

    In with the FB like button and out with the social groups.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    319


    Default

    Well I don't really know because I only joined the forums last night because I'm so anti-social :P Only kidding, I'm friendly! I think it's pretty cool but I'm guessing people lost interest because of Facebook and Twitter. I'm more of a Twitter person which is why I never joined the forums until now.

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    I guess people prefer simplicity for the most part.
    Less is more.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    943


    1 members appreciate this post.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tori OC View Post
    Well I don't really know because I only joined the forums last night because I'm so anti-social :P Only kidding, I'm friendly! I think it's pretty cool but I'm guessing people lost interest because of Facebook and Twitter. I'm more of a Twitter person which is why I never joined the forums until now.


    Less is more.
    Man, I would hope that people stay on these boards. They're a great way to talk about select things and keep away from losers, stalkers, and OMGsters on Facebook and Twitter. I, for one, am on neither, and feel purer for it. That being said, I guess Facebook's other features give it an edge. Maybe we should have a like button. But it should be coupled with a dislike button, so that the masses could stare at my like/dislike ratio and truly understand that I have little good to say.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    319


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    Man, I would hope that people stay on these boards. They're a great way to talk about select things and keep away from losers, stalkers, and OMGsters on Facebook and Twitter. I, for one, am on neither, and feel purer for it. That being said, I guess Facebook's other features give it an edge. Maybe we should have a like button. But it should be coupled with a dislike button, so that the masses could stare at my like/dislike ratio and truly understand that I have little good to say.
    I have both. Facebook because it's one of the only things I chat to my friends during the holidays, but I don't use it often. I use Twitter because there are some pretty cool people on there and Noodles' tweets are hilarious. Also, I like annoying Directioners and Beliebers to the point where they block me. I agree on having a like and dislike button, that way you could show whether you agree or disagree with what has been said without having to make a post about it.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    943


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tori OC View Post
    I have both. Facebook because it's one of the only things I chat to my friends during the holidays, but I don't use it often. I use Twitter because there are some pretty cool people on there and Noodles' tweets are hilarious. Also, I like annoying Directioners and Beliebers to the point where they block me. I agree on having a like and dislike button, that way you could show whether you agree or disagree with what has been said without having to make a post about it.
    Obviously, that would be the point. But do we really need it? After all, I recently came across a post that I could've just "liked." But seeing as there was no like button, I just said I second the notion, and then posed a philosophical question based off another post. No harm done. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

    If we have such buttons, they should be something cool besides "like-dislike". How bout "Rock" and "Suck" buttons?
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    319


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    Obviously, that would be the point. But do we really need it? After all, I recently came across a post that I could've just "liked." But seeing as there was no like button, I just said I second the notion, and then posed a philosophical question based off another post. No harm done. Nothing lost, nothing gained.

    If we have such buttons, they should be something cool besides "like-dislike". How bout "Rock" and "Suck" buttons?
    I think that would be awesome. If you're gonna have like/dislike buttons, you gotta make it punk/rock themed for a band like this.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    94


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    Man, I would hope that people stay on these boards. They're a great way to talk about select things and keep away from losers, stalkers, and OMGsters on Facebook and Twitter. I, for one, am on neither, and feel purer for it. That being said, I guess Facebook's other features give it an edge. Maybe we should have a like button. But it should be coupled with a dislike button, so that the masses could stare at my like/dislike ratio and truly understand that I have little good to say.
    THIS! I also hate Facebook! And I only have a Twitter account because of The Offspring.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Vodka Belt
    Posts
    3,270


    Default

    The problem is that there is no notification when a new post has been made in a group. You have to check every group to see if there is anything going on. That's why they always whither away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •