Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do most racists become racist?

Yeah, let's take away everything a group of people has and repress them in every possible financial and humane way... and then talk about how it's their fault that they're behind and need our help.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Bighead, why do you always post things that put people at completely opposite sides and start fighting? I'm not telling you to stop, as I really don't care. I just want to know why you keep posting them? Are you just curious as to what we think about these topics, because I thought you didn't give a shit about us?
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Bighead, why do you always post things that put people at completely opposite sides and start fighting? I'm not telling you to stop, as I really don't care. I just want to know why you keep posting them? Are you just curious as to what we think about these topics, because I thought you didn't give a shit about us?
    I don't remember saying I "don't give a shit" about people here. Wouldn't make much sense for me to say that considering all the opinionated stuff I post. And to answer your other question, I like to use the forum to say/debate stuff I can't say IRL. lol.

Llammas, that's a great comic. But it bothers me that there's an additional two really tiny characters in that last frame. Are they babies, and it's some kind of commentary on the generational aspect of racism? Or are they just smaller in order to fit them in?
    Last edited by bighead384; 01-01-2013 at 11:32 AM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I don't remember saying I "don't give a shit" about people here. Wouldn't make much sense for me to say that considering all the opinionated stuff I post. And to answer your other question, I like to use the forum to say/debate stuff I can't say IRL. lol.
    Those may not have been your exact words, but it was something that made it seem like you didn't care about us. And, at least now I know the reason. Thanks for replying.

Edit: It was some post where you said "you guys suck," but I suppose it doesn't matter anymore.
    Last edited by "Melyssa K" Kennedy; 01-01-2013 at 11:58 AM.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Yeah, I have studied a thing or two about a thing or two. Every race has had it's share of setbacks and they have also conquered others. All...100%...not just a couple...all. I was making a point about modern times, not when the first fish tried to walk on land. It just seems that the black race as we know it today...not 200 years ago, not 2000 years ago and certainly not 20,000 years ago, seems to need more assistance than others. The black race, I will say it again... as we know it today, seems to be consistently behind the eight ball. Just an observation. Whether you dislike the observation or simply choose to ignore the 15,000lb elephant in the 20x20 room is not my problem.
    I am still quite curious about your definition of "the black race". Are you talking about Africans? African Americans? Central Americans? South Americans? Asians?
    Quote Originally Posted by SåS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

MOTO13, you sound like someone this Twitter Account constantly retweets: https://twitter.com/YesYoureRacist
    Rita corny, Michael

I just checked out that page. "I'm not racist but Asian drivers are honestly the worst!! You won't see people more clueless on the road!"

Haha, that person is an idiot! I disproved them with two words: "Teen drivers."

People that are raised by racist parents don't nessicarily become racist themselves, of course some do but at the end of the day people grow up and make their own choices, so I don't think that's the primary cause, it can be down to bad experiences and so they single out the whole race. But I do think a big part of it is ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    I just checked out that page. "I'm not racist but Asian drivers are honestly the worst!! You won't see people more clueless on the road!"

Haha, that person is an idiot! I disproved them with two words: "Teen drivers."
    I have to say, what you just said kind of made me laugh. You call the person that said all Asian drivers are the worst an ''idiot'' and then you pretty much do the same thing by saying teen drivers are the worst, what you said isn't racist but it is discrimination. I'm 19 and i'm a far better driver than alot of my friends who are in their mid to late 20's. Age or race is not what makes someone a good driver, some people are just bad drivers it all comes down to skill and responsibility, some have it and some DEFINATELY don't lol.

There are many factors.

-Upbringing
    -Lack of empathy
    -Bad experience with a few, generalizing
    -No experience with any - we fear what we don't know
    -A desire to scapegoat blame, an inability to accept blame, a need to put others down to raise one's self up.

Personally, I was raised by fairly racist parents and had nearly zero exposure to non-white people. I'm willing to bet I was kind of a racist teenager. But then I moved to the "big" city and was introduced to tons of non-white people, and I realized I didn't really care about their race. I'll use skin color as a describer, just like eye color or height or any other physical difference (people who are afraid to look at a group of people, 9 of which are white and 1 one of which is black, and say that they're talking about the "black person" really bug me.), and I'm okay with making general observations about groups, but once someone starts acting on their prejudices or seriously stereotyping people, I get upset. So in my case, it was a combination of upbringing and lack of exposure.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk