Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Because the singles were the Days Go By this failure ?

Arrow Itīs time to get on air new offspring singles.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Current music trends aren't really that receptive of pop-punk or even alt-rock for that matter. The stuff that gets on the radio these days is very folkish. Still, for a band that had its breakthrough record released in 1994, the Offspring have done a remarkable job of staying relatively popular. Days Go By charted at #12 on the US charts, and the first single did very well - they have hardly become an obscure band

I would agree that the label has done a poor job of marketing this record: Cruising California wasn't going to go well with anybody, and Turning Into You has gotten a bizarrely little amount of support.

Dividing By Zero and Slim Pickens are two of the best songs the band has ever written; but they would have been just awful as singles - punk rock isnt whats getting played on the airwaves these days. Secrets For the Underground or even Dirty Magic would be better choices (still somewhat hoping one of them will be released).
    I think itīs time to realease the next single similar as Blackball/Iīll be Waiting. For me, The Future Is Now/Secrets From The Underground. Anonymous appear on the video clip together with Secrets from the underground. I have a lot of ideas to realeased or directed a video clip but i need people to make it. Here in Argentina, Airplay songs is successfully.

Whatīs going on with Turning into you video clip?. They stopped to recording?. I donīt understand whatīs going on.

We donīt have new video clip?.

Quote Originally Posted by Sefalobe_theoffspring View Post
    I think itīs time to realease the next single similar as Blackball/Iīll be Waiting. For me, The Future Is Now/Secrets From The Underground. Anonymous appear on the video clip together with Secrets from the underground. I have a lot of ideas to realeased or directed a video clip but i need people to make it. Here in Argentina, Airplay songs is successfully.

Whatīs going on with Turning into you video clip?. They stopped to recording?. I donīt understand whatīs going on.

We donīt have new video clip?.
    According to Airplay FM Rock and Pop Top 30, "Days Go By song" appears in #1 (3 weeks) on Charts in Argentina and Paraguay.
    And "Cruising California" appears in #11 (1 week).

Thatīs great in my country.

Come on Dexter!. Next tour in South America.

Current music trends aren't really that receptive of pop-punk or even alt-rock for that matter. The stuff that gets on the radio these days is very folkish. Still, for a band that had its breakthrough record released in 1994, the Offspring have done a remarkable job of staying relatively popular. Days Go By charted at #12 on the US charts, and the first single did very well - they have hardly become an obscure band

I would agree that the label has done a poor job of marketing this record: Cruising California wasn't going to go well with anybody, and Turning Into You has gotten a bizarrely little amount of support.

Dividing By Zero and Slim Pickens are two of the best songs the band has ever written; but they would have been just awful as singles - punk rock isnt whats getting played on the airwaves these days. Secrets For the Underground or even Dirty Magic would be better choices (still somewhat hoping one of them will be released).
    as far as Dividing By Zero and Slim Pickens I think that's what the radio needs right now something different

also I agree with you about the label doing a poor job marketing this record this is the first offspring album with only 2 music videos (excluding the first two of course) and it's the only offspring album not on vinyl at a time when vinyl sales have gone up
    Last edited by cool 2 hate 681; 01-02-2013 at 03:21 PM.

This!

Dividing By Zero and Slim Pickens are two of the best songs the band has ever written; but they would have been just awful as singles - punk rock isnt whats getting played on the airwaves these days.
    That's all arguable. I wouldn't say Dividing By Zero and Slim Pickens are the best songs they ever wrote nor would I say they wouldn't do well on radio. At least I'm convinced Slim Pickens would be a good single. Dividing By Zero is too "punk rockish" to do well on the radio. But either Secrets From The Underground or Dirty Magic would certainly be better singles than Cruising California or Turning Into You.

Does a single have to be one that does well on radio? Can't it just be a single released for fans to get a taste of the album? Why does it have to be radio-friendly?
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Does a single have to be one that does well on radio? Can't it just be a single released for fans to get a taste of the album? Why does it have to be radio-friendly?
    The whole point of singles is to promote the album and attract potential new buyers (and as a result, create new fans of the band). This is best achieved by having a single that gets the most airplay and thus the most exposure to the general public.

The band's core fanbase will check out the album regardless of the singles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

The whole point of singles is to promote the album and attract potential new buyers (and as a result, create new fans of the band). This is best achieved by having a single that gets the most airplay and thus the most exposure to the general public.
    The band's core fanbase will check out the album regardless of the singles.
    And they chose CC

Quote Originally Posted by Sefalobe_theoffspring View Post
    According to Airplay FM Rock and Pop Top 30, "Days Go By song" appears in #1 (3 weeks) on Charts in Argentina and Paraguay.
    And "Cruising California" appears in #11 (1 week).

Thatīs great in my country.

Come on Dexter!. Next tour in South America.
    Also Cruising California were #2 and now is #8 on that chart here in Paraguay. Turning Into You is #22

this would be my order of release of the singles:

1st Days Go By, 2nd The Future Is Now, 3rd All I Have Left Is You, 4th Dirty Magic

what do you think?

All I Have Left Is You have an excellent video, nobody thought of that? The Future Is Now I believe it would have a reception as good as the song Days Go By. Dirty Magic could win back old fans Offspring who left the band after the lnįamento of RAFRAG. Because it is a remake of a song from Ignition and had a good video then ... LOL sure was a lot of old fans would like to return to the Offspring.