Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Because the singles were the Days Go By this failure ?

Quote Originally Posted by LucasCarmo View Post
    this would be my order of release of the singles:

1st Days Go By, 2nd The Future Is Now, 3rd All I Have Left Is You, 4th Dirty Magic

what do you think?
    Are you serious? All I Have Left is You wouldn't be a good single. In fact, it would be the worst choice as a single from the album. And by this I'm not saying it's the worst song of the album.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    The whole point of singles is to promote the album and attract potential new buyers (and as a result, create new fans of the band). This is best achieved by having a single that gets the most airplay and thus the most exposure to the general public.

The band's core fanbase will check out the album regardless of the singles.
    Thank you.
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Pretty much. As much as I adore this album, best thing they've done in a decade, it also in a lot of ways "feels" like something that hasn't been played on the radio in 10 years. None of these songs were going to be monster singles. Even RAFRAG seemed to be a bit more marketable/"modern radio potential" in the sense of single options.

Not to say there's not catchy stuff on this, 'course there is, but it doesn't really fit in with a public that's gobbling up Coldplay and Adele.

They've said before that radio play isn't their focus. For some bands it it's and that mentality produces some horrifying stuff. they play and record what they like to hear. Why are fans so surprised when an album that wasn't tailor made for the radio doesn't chart well?

At least we fans still back it. I suppose that matters to the band more than being a hit on the radio.
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    They've said before that radio play isn't their focus. For some bands it it's and that mentality produces some horrifying stuff. they play and record what they like to hear. Why are fans so surprised when an album that wasn't tailor made for the radio doesn't chart well?
    I totally agree with this. A record doesn't have to be a commercial success to be a great album. I'm glad they're still kicking ass. I love this album. I am glad they still make records. I love the fact that they don't care about selling a million albums. As long as they make music they like to make, I'll always be a listener & buy their albums.

Quote Originally Posted by LucasCarmo View Post
    I do not understand why singles have had so little reception. Only Days Go By was well on the charts, Crusing California was bad and Turning Into You touched on some radios. I wonder what is happening with the Offspring?

And remember that the album Days Go By was only 6 weeks on the Billboard 200.
    Why is it so important that the singles or even the album itself is a commercial success? A lot of great albums are never charting anywhere, but that doesn't keep it from being great. You should stop caring so much about what other like and start focusing more on the things you like yourself regardless of anything. The commercial success is not a way of gauging whether the album was a failure or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

I noticed that Kerrang (TV) didn't play any of the singles much. I don't see why because Days Go By is still great, it's just different.

Quote Originally Posted by Sefalobe_theoffspring View Post
    I don´t like be a sarcastic or something like that. For me, The Offspring is splitter up at the end of 2014. Maybe not. I see in the future. They will likes to stay with families and bussiness.

Sorry for said that. But it´s time to left the band. I´m not negative.

Another reasons try to read the song "Turning Into You" in a part of lyrics Dexter says:

I've been drowning in a sea
    Of trying to please you
    It's all I'll ever be
    It's all I ever knew
    I try to be me
    But I'm turning into you

The music is hurting
    The drugs aren't working

The walls come crashing down

Another rejection
    For my insurrection
    It's crawling back somehow

His band doesn´t working?

Sorry guys!. I know we will and still a great fan.

I love offspring music.
    Dexter has said in quite a few interviews that he doesn't write about himself when it comes to song writing. He takes things that happen around him and make them into songs that people can relate to.