Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Omg i love my boyfriend!

We saw them 4 days apart! Wait, I knew that, didn't I? It's none of my friends that I see face to face that like them, it's all the friends I met on facebook and twitter because we are Offspring fans. There's actually a lot of them!
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

2. Default

I'm not sure if we ever discussed it, actually. I did mention it in the intro thread though God, such a great show...

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post

Why is it that when so many people start dating someone new, they feel obligated to immediately declare to all of Facebook, over and over again, about how much they loooooove their new boyfriend/girlfriend? I mean... they've been on one or two dates total and now you are 'together' and 'completely in love'? And three weeks from now, he/she will be devastated when they break up, for about five minutes. Then he/she falls head over heels for the next person who will let him/her doink them.Is there just a basic lack of understanding about what love really is and feels like? What happened to dating and getting to know each other first? Do they feel the need to declare it on Facebook, thinking that is the only way to make this new guy/girl feel validated?

There was a girl, quite recently, who was updating her status about every five minutes to inform us about how much she loved her boyfriend, then my husband showed me what she texted him. "If you were to become single, he knows I'd leave him in a second to be with you." Needless to say, he stopped talking to her. I thought it was funny that she thought he'd ever leave me for her (apparently, she spent a couple months telling my friend about how she was going to make it happen, not realizing I saw most of her texts to him. LOL). Clearly she was overcompensating, but do you think that is what these other people on Facebook are doing? Or do they confuse love with lust? Maybe they really just don't know what love is in the first place.

I've been pondering this a lot lately. It seems like 95% of the single people I know are guilty of doing this in one form or another. That is a gross over-estimation, but some days it definitely feels like that. And its not just limited to the people I know through work who are fresh out of high school. I see folks in their 30s and 40s do the same thing.
    Relationships on Facebook are incredibly annoying. I get that some people wanna share when something good happens, but jesus christ! I have one girl on my FB who got knocked up as a teenager, the dude ended up being a shitbag, and 5 years later she still bitches about him on there. Now she's constantly in and out of a relationship with another shitbag... she goes from "single" to "in a relationship" to "it's complicated" almost weekly, and publicly chews the guy out when he dicks her out.

I don't mind engagement and marriage announcements - I get that. But otherwise, I just can't believe people are so obnoxiously public regarding their relationships. It's a personal thing to me. But I think some of these people are so depressed about their failure in love that they have to try to somehow validate it and cause people to think they've finally succeeded... but I don't really get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I don't mind engagement and marriage announcements - I get that. But otherwise, I just can't believe people are so obnoxiously public regarding their relationships. It's a personal thing to me. But I think some of these people are so depressed about their failure in love that they have to try to somehow validate it and cause people to think they've finally succeeded... but I don't really get it.
    You get it perfectly.

My best friend's Facebook page is ALL about her boyfriend. I love her to death but it gets annoying especially all the letters ArE LiKe ThIs every other is capitalized, and whenshe starts typing in english and the finishes in spanish. I get confused and I don't know what she's saying.The one good thing is when they are fighting she never posts about it.

Quote Originally Posted by prettyflyforablackchick View Post
    Oh. My. God. Do NOT get me started on people who post maudlin song lyrics for their Facebook status updates !
    See I do this. I do both happy and sad song lyrics,it all depends on what mood I had with my guy.

7. Default

As long as you are comfortable with the fact that it annoys the shit out of some people, I'm fine with it. :P

As long as you are comfortable with the fact that it annoys the shit out of some people, I'm fine with it. :P
    I don't do it all the time just sometimes and I'm fine with that. It's better than one of my other friends on Facebook who only posts country lyrics and tags people in them.

Everything you can possibly do on Facebook is going to annoy the shit out of some people. Politics, cat pictures, relationship, work, instagram, food pics, youtube videos, personal daily updates... no matter what you post, some people will find it obnoxious and think it's not what Facebook is for. I don't think song lyrics (as long as it's not too frequent) are a problem. Actually, I think most of it is about limitations. Too much of any single type of update is gonna get annoying. Variety.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I agree with the variety thing, but sometimes that takes too much effort to think up. I like being lazy. I don't even update that often. That's about as lazy as you can get on facebook.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/