Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omg i love my boyfriend!

Ha ha. Poor lost. Just can't get away from those 50 shades/Twilight chicks. Oh well.

I'm innocent. Never done anything like this. In fact, I've never had either a girlfriend or a Facebook account. Unless we count a certain someone here as a girl friend.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis lev.

Girl friends and girlfriends, only indistinguishable in the spoken word.
    I said, "Hi, I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete took of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    Full version of my avatar: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps9ddf577a.jpg
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Everything you can possibly do on Facebook is going to annoy the shit out of some people. Politics, cat pictures, relationship, work, instagram, food pics, youtube videos, personal daily updates... no matter what you post, some people will find it obnoxious and think it's not what Facebook is for. I don't think song lyrics (as long as it's not too frequent) are a problem. Actually, I think most of it is about limitations. Too much of any single type of update is gonna get annoying. Variety.
    I completely agree with you. I try to make my own Facebook page the kind of Facebook page that I would want to see -- minimal politics, filled to the brim with cat pictures, random songs I like, things like that.

Still I don't understand if in fact it sucks so much why
    a) reading these statuses
    b) ranting about them
    instead of just ignoring them?
    Edit:
    Some people really seem to share way too much personal information when it comes to boards or facebook or the internet in general. I used to visit a forum some time ago and one woman was really really anxious to share everything happening in her personal life from vacations to how much weight she lost to her daughter's wedding, pics of her newborn grandchildren ... you name it. I guess some people obviously need way too much attention
    Last edited by samseby; 01-05-2013 at 02:34 AM.

People just seem to forget that there is a such thing as privacy when it comes to social media sites. They also lose all sense of what's supposed to be private, both when posting AND when reading the posts of others.
    I said, "Hi, I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete took of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    Full version of my avatar: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps9ddf577a.jpg
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    Maybe they really just don't know what love is in the first place.
    I've also been thinking about this, even though inspired by something else. All this "it's not official unless it's on facebook" type of nonsense and the showing off how much of a decent boy/girlfriend you can get and bragging about it through pictures/statuses on facebook and in real life makes it seem like evidence of the fact that most people nowadays don't even seek something that I am (reluctantly) calling "true love" anymore. I mean, who am I to declare what "true love" is and what isn't? Still, I feel like the common practice of love is a lot more superficial these days and real, deep and meaningful relationships are getting rare. Or maybe it was always like that and it's just that facebook makes this kind of thing a lot more apparent? I could also imagine that the exposure to unrealistic ideals of perfect beauty, strength and social relationships in the mass media makes people more insecure and more clingy to what they can get in real life (and subsequently more upset/emotionally insecure over the fact that they have to face a breakup at some point, too. I don't know. I definitely know that I really do not like the way that this is going and that it takes a different way of treating these people (mostly with indifference) or otherwise I'll get annoyed very quickly by the daily skimming of my facebook-newsfeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SS View Post
    Then we got 1000+ views on our myspace, that was our biggest achievement
    Quote Originally Posted by RexDarr View Post
    Our goal is to find a drummer & rythm guitarist, record a 5 song demo, get on the radio,

The Ricetigers

Quote Originally Posted by ad8 View Post
    I've also been thinking about this, even though inspired by something else. All this "it's not official unless it's on facebook" type of nonsense and the showing off how much of a decent boy/girlfriend you can get and bragging about it through pictures/statuses on facebook and in real life makes it seem like evidence of the fact that most people nowadays don't even seek something that I am (reluctantly) calling "true love" anymore. I mean, who am I to declare what "true love" is and what isn't? Still, I feel like the common practice of love is a lot more superficial these days and real, deep and meaningful relationships are getting rare. Or maybe it was always like that and it's just that facebook makes this kind of thing a lot more apparent? I could also imagine that the exposure to unrealistic ideals of perfect beauty, strength and social relationships in the mass media makes people more insecure and more clingy to what they can get in real life (and subsequently more upset/emotionally insecure over the fact that they have to face a breakup at some point, too. I don't know. I definitely know that I really do not like the way that this is going and that it takes a different way of treating these people (mostly with indifference) or otherwise I'll get annoyed very quickly by the daily skimming of my facebook-newsfeed.
    I agree with you pretty much 100%, but I think the bolded phrase is where you're spot on. People have always been like this - people married someone they met in high school and stayed together til death because there was kind of a lack of awareness that there were other feasible options. Localized culture teaches us differently than open, global information. Your comment about the media and beauty and such is also big. People have become more and more insecure and very clingy regarding what they do get in real life. I know too many people who don't know how to be single and jump from relationship to relationship, even though they're with losers or at the very best, someone they're not really into. I know people who haven't spent more than 6 solid weeks of their life (starting at dating age) single, yet their longest relationship has been only one or two years. These people tend to also brag the most about their relationships and who they're dating. And yes, these people can totally hamper my Facebook newsfeed-browsing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by samseby View Post
    Still I don't understand if in fact it sucks so much why
    a) reading these statuses
    b) ranting about them
    instead of just ignoring them?
    Edit:
    Some people really seem to share way too much personal information when it comes to boards or facebook or the internet in general. I used to visit a forum some time ago and one woman was really really anxious to share everything happening in her personal life from vacations to how much weight she lost to her daughter's wedding, pics of her newborn grandchildren ... you name it. I guess some people obviously need way too much attention
    a) They just appear in my feed. I usually unsubscribe around the fifth time I see statuses like that, because by the fifth time I can be reasonably assured that they won't shut the hell up about it. Yesterday, I unsubscribed from one of my friends who uploads like ten "glamour shots" of herself per day, because I just don't want it clogging up my feed.

b) Why can't I ignore them AND rant about them? Ignoring takes care of the problem, but ranting is cathartic, and it's a relief to know I'm not the only one who gets annoyed.

I forget the whole "its not official unless its on facebook" thing, which is so true for so many people, but now I'm thinking its more about validating it to themselves and not the new boyfriend/girlfriend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Well, it's FACEBOOK what did y'all expect? I seriously think it's so cute to read a few of my relatives status on their FB and how adorable they're boyfriend or girlfriend express their emotions thru a social net. Why am I not on FB? Because I don't wanna be one who gushes how madly crazy I feel torwards a certain crush on here. That's right, I like this incredible guy by the screen name of....oh noez! Nah, I'm not gonna make him feel uncomfortable because he's sweet.