Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Artichokes.

Default Artichokes.

I prefer to dip the artichoke leaves in mayonnaise but my son prefers melted butter. Which is the correct dip for artichoke leaves, and please explain why? Feel free to use diagrams and show your work.

What a great topic. I have not eaten an artichoke myself, but I'm a cashier and customers buy them. My advice to you is don't just grab the artichoke as if it were an apple or any number of other non-lethal fruits. I once grabbed one, not paying attention, and it drew blood. Stupid artichoke. Pineapples can do the same, I learned that today!

As the older of you two, don't you have more experience in the matter? So wouldn't you know better?

P.S. I swear I'm not stalking you, I'm just on the forum at this time of night because I'm tired and lazy.
    I said, "Hi, I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete took of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    Full version of my avatar: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps9ddf577a.jpg
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    P.S. I swear I'm not stalking you, I'm just on the forum at this time of night because I'm tired and lazy.
    That's what a stalker would say.

P.S.:And this is also what Jojan would respond.

Melyssa, I don't think you're a stalker (or at least I know you're not after me, Greg might want to watch out for you ;-) but I can't figure out how you ever get any work done.

My main experience with artichokes comes from the spinach and artichoke dip they make at a bar I used to work at. It seems a lot of the chain restaurants I've been to like to leave the artichokes out and it just isn't nearly as good. However, for dipping, I'd have to vote ranch dressing, because I'm from the South and the vast majority of our diet as a region is deep fried and then dipped in ranch. Ranch is like 50% mayo though, so does that input fall into a new category or go as a vote towards mayo?

I think its safe to assume that Melyssa doesn't get any work done. I don't really either, but I work part time and spent the rest of my time playing guitar, baking cupcakes, and brandishing my mighty ban hammer. #nolife
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Noodles, your son is wrong, but you are even more wrong. The correct answer is hummus. I'd also accept seasoned sour cream.

Now I'm hungry. Damn you, Noodles!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    Melyssa, I don't think you're a stalker (or at least I know you're not after me, Greg might want to watch out for you ;-) but I can't figure out how you ever get any work done.
    Wow. Noodles notices us!

I've never actually eaten an artichoke before, but perhaps I will someday. It seemes to me that your son (a very lucky guy by the way) is crazy. I would never want a vegetable with butter (artichoke is a vegetable, right?).
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    I don't know how I get any work done, either, but I managed to pull a B+ in both pre-calc and prep chem outta my ass this semester (I'm used to A's!,) so I must be doing something right. It could have something to do with the music I choose to listen to...

Yeah, tell Greg to watch out or I might wave hello and thank him to death. Thank you, too, Noodles!

Lost, I work very erratic hours during the day at a grocery store. I live with mommy so I have no bills but my medical bills and my food. Somehow I fit lazing about the house on the internet and playing bass between it all. I wish I could still play guitar.
    Last edited by "Melyssa K" Kennedy; 01-05-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    I said, "Hi, I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete took of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    Full version of my avatar: http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps9ddf577a.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    Wow. Noodles notices us!

I've never actually eaten an artichoke before, but perhaps I will someday. It seemes to me that your son (a very lucky guy by the way) is crazy. I would never want a vegetable with butter (artichoke is a vegetable, right?).
    Are you nuts!? I put butter (actually it's Smart Balance, I don't like butter anymore) on cooked: potatoes, yams, corn, green beans, peas, carrots, and broccoli. You really don't put butter on vegetables?

Meet artichoke. He will stab you if you grab him, literally. See the thorns on the ends of each leaf?

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Are you nuts!? I put butter (actually it's Smart Balance, I don't like butter anymore) on cooked: potatoes, yams, corn, green beans, peas, carrots, and broccoli. You really don't put butter on vegetables?

Meet artichoke. He will stab you if you grab him, literally. See the thorns on the ends of each leaf?
    So then, you don't put butter on vegetables. You do some replacement (Icantbelieveitsnot) "butter."
    And I actually don't eat butter at all. But I have no memory of ever using it on vegetables.

He looks like a goddamn RPG.
    Last edited by Godxilla; 01-05-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.