Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Artichokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    I'm sorry, Noodles, but your son is correct. Mayonnaise is too viscous to quickly and efficiently cover every bit of the artichoke leaf before you put it in your mouth. You also need a bit of salt to get the bitterness out.

And Llamas, I'm also sorry but you are nuts. Hummus is delicious but not an acceptable dip for artichoke leaves.
    I agree that mayo is unacceptable, but why hummus? I think the flavors go together soooo well! But I also think that hummus and cheese go on pretty much anything
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Artichoke hearts in hummus? Great idea. Artichoke leaves with hummus on them? Incorrect!
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    But hummus is goooood! Why would tastes buds become paralyzed from it? It's great on pita, so why not an artichoke?

Edit: Jojan, that picture made me laugh, actually out loud. Thank you for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Huh? I eat it all the time - I have a couple Israeli friends here who put every single hummus I've had in life before I met them to shame. Every holiday or party I get to indulge in fresh, homemade Israeli hummus - and my taste buds are fine!

Man, now I'm super hungry... wish I had chick peas lying around!
    Oh, I was confusing it with humulus aka hops. Now I see what you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

I don't like artichokes ...

First off, everyone knows that mayonaise is poison so throw that crap right out the window. Fucking horrible shit that should never have been invented. Melted butter is the only choice for discerning artichoke afficiandos such as ma self. Take the artichoke leaf and dip it lightly, with an ever so subtle twist in the melted butter (and I don't mean friggin melted margerine). Then grate that bitch accross yer teeth and give 'er a good pull. That is some good shit.

Next...artichoke hearts, great for cooking with seafood.

For once, I agree with moto. Mayonnaise is disgusting and should not be used as a spread nor a dip. Almost as bad as ketchup.

For once, I agree with moto. Mayonnaise is disgusting and should not be used as a spread nor a dip. Almost as bad as ketchup.
    You'd probably love mayonnaise mixed with ketchup then. A standard sauce for cheap burgers around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaw View Post
    You'd probably love mayonnaise mixed with ketchup then. A standard sauce for cheap burgers around here.
    I've had that, and it's slightly superior to each individual condiment. Sometimes mixing two bad things together makes something decent or even good. But ketchup/mayo mixed is still pretty bad overall.

But some sandwiches are so dry without it. And who wanted to eat tuna salad and egg salad with no binder? As a dip? Ewww! Miracle Whip is nasty all the time, though. Ketchup on a lot of things is also gross, except french fries.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    But some sandwiches are so dry without it. And who wanted to eat tuna salad and egg salad with no binder? As a dip? Ewww! Miracle Whip is nasty all the time, though. Ketchup on a lot of things is also gross, except french fries.
    Why would anyone voluntarily eat tuna salad or egg salad? Nasty ass stuff. What are you some kind of friggin vagimatarion? Eat some meat for shit sake. Nice fat piece of pork may wake you up.