Thread: A doubt About the Tour

Default A doubt About the Tour

Hi I'm new here and this is my firs post..

I just want to clear a doubt I have

why the band is doing just a few shows and not started a full world tour yet? they released a new album 6 months ago and I was expecting a complete world tour...

why this huge gap between the last japan shows and the australian tour? does anybody know? are them scheduling shows at this moment?

thanks

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

I don't know a lot about the band's touring plans or how bands tour in general, but if you recall, they didn't start the "Shit is Fucked Up" tour until almost a year after Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace was released. I guess this is the way they do things now, and I can almost guarantee that they're planning shows. No worries

EDIT: Welcome to the forums!!!
    Last edited by randman21; 01-08-2013 at 05:30 PM.
    My myoosik:

The SRIs: (Thread)(Soundcloud)
    McFear: (Thread)(Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by randman21 View Post
    I don't know a lot about the band's touring plans or how bands tour in general, but if you recall, they didn't start the "Shit is Fucked Up" tour until almost a year after Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace was released. I guess this is the way they do things now, and I can almost guarantee that they're planning shows. No worries

EDIT: Welcome to the forums!!!
    thank you

I hope seeing them in Brazil this year!

I'm not sure if The Offspring is similar to other bands I've known, but some bands like to play just some dates right after an album release to see how the crowds respond to the new music live before scheduling a major world tour. Also, I have known some bands that like to tour during certain times of the year. I have yet to meet them, so I couldn't say exactly why, but those have been my experiences. I'm really hoping for a big tour from them myself!

They've been doing TONS of festivals and very few of their own shows. I would imagine its a good way to expose fans of other bands to their stuff, both new and old, before embarking on a dedicated album tour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

the shit is fucked up tour was announced all at once in that webvideo where dexter was dressed up like the president

if they do a world tour in 2013 i think they will do something similar where they announce 50 shows at once on offspring.com