Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Idea to ban hunting AND control species oerpopulation

Default Idea to ban hunting AND control species oerpopulation

Say we banned hunting and instead sent out government funded teams of people to sterilize animals for population control purposes?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

lol...good one. How high do you actually need to get to think of this stupid shit?

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    lol...good one. How high do you actually need to get to think of this stupid shit?
    It might be expensive but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    It might be expensive but I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    Your logic is impeccable. Tell us exactly what the benefit would be?

You apparently are not a hunter, so you do not have the first friggin clue what you are talking about.

There are organizations associated with animal shelters that do this in some parts of the country with feral cats. A 'catch and release' sort of program.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Your logic is impeccable. Tell us exactly what the benefit would be?

You apparently are not a hunter, so you do not have the first friggin clue what you are talking about.
    It would greatly reduce cruelty towards animals. And why would I need to be a hunter to have an opinion on this? That's ridiculous.

What does the animal care if it gets shot in the head by a government employee or some hunter?

Ha, okay I read that way wrong I think (black ops style squads hunting animals was what I thought you meant).

Both methods are stupid. With sterilization, how are we sure it is not the strong genes that would be beneficial to the species that we are sterilizing. We don't sterilize the genes, but the animal with the genes, you know what I mean. Do they do genetic tests on each animal before sterilizing them? I doubt it. It's just cutting the balls off of the random animal, which is not imitating natural selection at all.

With hunting for population control purposes, the stupid hunters are always looking for that big, strong, healthy animal to shoot when they should be hunting the weak, injured and old, which is what their natural predators would do. By hunting and killing the strongest for trophies, we are removing those best suited for passing on their genes and leaving the weak and sick to breed. Or, we are killing the strong and the weak and sick leftover are just going to wither and die, anyway, so who's left to breed at all?

Neither way is beneficial to the species as a whole, which is what population control is supposed to be about since humans purged natural predators.
    Sign this petition Suzy made for me to get my interview with Greg K: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/873/7...ew-you-dammit/
    The Offspring UG interview me about said Greg K interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52j5kjyuug0
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    It would greatly reduce cruelty towards animals. And why would I need to be a hunter to have an opinion on this? That's ridiculous.
    Greatly reduce what cruelty? Are you assuming hunting/hunters are cruel? Most I know are quite the opposite. Ever seen an animal starve to death? Better of being hunted and the meat used. Also, I am not sure the animal has a preference who is hunting or killing it. Be it a hunter or a douchebag government employee. Maybe you have spoken to Smokey the Bear or Woodsey Owl and possibly have insight on this you could share with the rest of the class.

Tell you what, the next time you want to sterilize a honey badger, have at it. Just dive right in and chew his nuts off.
    Last edited by MOTO13; 01-09-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Can we get rid of bighead instead? I think his absence contributes to overpopulation
    HAVE YOU EVER GONE AWAY with ONE HUNDRED PUNKS to have THE WORST HANGOVER EVER?
    “Trust me, mate. Stingrays can't swim backwards.”~ Steve Irwin
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyquiiinn View Post
    That sucks. But it's not a surprise, I read an article which says that a lot if studies show that death is really bad for your health...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Who is Blowjob Armstrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    Condoms, you and I.
    Quote Originally Posted by coke_a_holic
    Cockin' and Jockin' since July 2005