Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Idea to ban hunting AND control species oerpopulation

No, he has made a decent point totally by accident here that he stupidly stumbled upon. He (bighead) is such a great person wanting to take care of the animals. He wants to perform sterilization to protect them from over breading etc or whatever passing thought he figured was rational.. (he really hates hunters also). But lets assume he wants to help the animals...Given this line of logic, he must also want to sterilize welfare recipients who over populate the US with too many children for the sole reason of collecting more money from the government. This is blatant child abuse as many of these kids have poor homelife, no fathers, lacking food and education and cerytainly worthy of sterilization according to bighead logic.

Strict hunting laws are where it's at. I have no problem with responsible, ecologically-educated hunting. I think as a human species, it's part of nature for us to keep populations down regarding creatures which cause us problems as a species. I also think hunting game for actual use is totally fine and natural. I have an issue with hunting for sport (psychos), and people using ridiculously advanced technology which gives the animals zero chance of survival. That's what pussies do. Government-enforced sterilization is a dumb idea. It's a waste of money when there are plenty of other far more useful programs which need it, and it wouldn't really help much, as the law-breakers who currently are cruel to animals would still find a way to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    over breading

I've always been completely against hunting, and years ago I wasted so much time and sanity trying to argue with people over the internet, so I'm not even gonna bother anymore.

But no matter what people say, I'll always be against hunting and any type of blood sports. You think hunters go out cause they're oh so worried about overpopulation? Yeah...sure.

I'm not sure what the situation in the US or anywhere else is, but here in Ireland, there's actually been cases of hunters building fake dens to attract foxes....population control my arse!

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I've always been completely against hunting, and years ago I wasted so much time and sanity trying to argue with people over the internet, so I'm not even gonna bother anymore.

But no matter what people say, I'll always be against hunting and any type of blood sports. You think hunters go out cause they're oh so worried about overpopulation? Yeah...sure.

I'm not sure what the situation in the US or anywhere else is, but here in Ireland, there's actually been cases of hunters building fake dens to attract foxes....population control my arse!
    You're right that no hunter does it because they are just trying to better things for the overall population, absolutely. However, I know a lot of hunters who go out into the forest in hunting clothes with hunting rifles, hunt honestly, and then bring home the meat for dinner. I really have no problem with this, and unless someone is a vegetarian, they're not any better - at least these types of hunters get their meat themselves instead of leaving it to big companies who breed and mistreat unhealthy animals for consumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    You're right that no hunter does it because they are just trying to better things for the overall population, absolutely. However, I know a lot of hunters who go out into the forest in hunting clothes with hunting rifles, hunt honestly, and then bring home the meat for dinner. I really have no problem with this, and unless someone is a vegetarian, they're not any better - at least these types of hunters get their meat themselves instead of leaving it to big companies who breed and mistreat unhealthy animals for consumption.
    Yes, I agree, I actually think hunting for food is a lot better than buying factory farmed meat. I am totally against hunting for the craic or for trophies, but not so much against hunting for food (so long as it's killed humanely). But then again, I'm always gonna be against it, as I'm a vegetarian. I see it as a lesser evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Yes, I agree, I actually think hunting for food is a lot better than buying factory farmed meat. I am totally against hunting for the craic or for trophies, but not so much against hunting for food (so long as it's killed humanely). But then again, I'm always gonna be against it, as I'm a vegetarian. I see it as a lesser evil.
    I think that's completely fair - to be against it overall, but to accept certain forms and manners as being abhorrent and others more reasonable. I may disagree with you regarding being against hunting of all forms, but I respect your view. I also respect the fact that you are a vegetarian in this sense, considering how many omnivorous people bitch about hunting for food, while they mow down on some factory beef.

How come no one but me has touched on the issue that hunting to control the population would be acceptable if the hunters killed the old, sick and weak? This is imitating the natural predators that humans themselves eliminated. Obviously, we could never allow those gung-ho hunters to participate, as they would kill the big strong animals and make some excuse. Doing absolutely nothing at all to an animal population that is exploding and has a limited habitat fringed by human society would be as cruel and hunting them for sport. These animals would eat their food resources more quickly, then eat the food resources of other animals or feel too crowded and venture out onto the roads and invade people lawns, where they would be shot and killed or kill a human, anyway.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

1) If someone is able to hunt a fit, healthy animal (again, for USE, not for sport), without using advanced technology, I still see it as survival of the fittest and more power to the hunter.
    2) Sometimes it's the biggest, strongest ones that are the worst problems for humans. Sick, weak deer aren't the ones killing people in car crashes.

Well, I knows humans have to look out for themselves when animals leave their habitats, but it's not the animals' faults, so I don't agree with always shooting the fit animals. They would have more territory if we removed the sick, anyway. I think they would be less likely to leave the forests and woods then.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/