Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Second Amendment

Probably because of the false narrative people like you are spreading that Obama wants no one to have access to a gun now.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Probably because of the false narrative people like you are spreading that Obama wants no one to have access to a gun now.
    What's so funny is, conservative websites are unanimously reporting that Obama actually said something like, "I don't think people should be allowed to own guns." And even if you only read those types of websites, you'll see that there's no evidence that Obama ever actually said anything like that --- their "source" is a story told by a gun rights activist named Jon Lott, who reportedly taught at the University of Chicago with Obama four about four years back in the '90s. And yet, they report the story as, 'Obama said this, now what do we do?' When the real story is, 'Someone SAID he said this.'"

What makes it so funny is, even if he really did say this back in the '90s, he obviously doesn't feel that way anymore. Just look at the way he governs. He never does anything liberal or progressive unless there's pressure from an overwhelming majority of the population --- we only got Obamacare because the people wanted health care reform and the insurance companies backed the legislation, and we're only getting gun control because the people want it (even NRA members support reasonable gun control laws) and major corporations have figured out a way to make money off of them.

So if you go by Obama's track record alone (and not by what he supposedly said), he's obviously pretty pro-gun. If you go by what he supposedly said, then that's one thing, but then if you go by what he said, he was going to "change the system fundamentally" and give people back their faith in government. So unless you feel he's done that, I think we can agree that you can't judge a politician by what he says (or by what other special interest advocates claim he says).
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Yeah, I have to admit, my power over the masses is staggering. Thank you for acknowledging that. Or...and this is a radical notion, maybe, just fucking maybe, it is because Obama said things like this...

"I'm confident there are some steps we can take that don't require legislation and that are within my authority as president," Obama said in a news conference in the East Room of the White House.

Obama can use his executive powers to act alone on some gun measures, but his options on the proposals opposed by the NRA are limited without Congress' cooperation.

Basically Obama can't be trusted because he won't give a straight answer and actually explain in plain fucking english what his plans are if he would use his EP's.

You know, a certain degree of paranoia is great for preparing for the future.

Nostradamus was also the man who predicted WW2 and Napoleon.

You see, I get my news stories from the nightly news here in Massachusetts (a liberal state, FYI). Just because the newscasters cry over every murder doesn't mean we have to. A very distant relative of mine just died. She had been a drug addict, apparently, for a while. I hear from my dad (who went) that the funeral was closed-casket. But banning drugs hasn't stopped people like her. It only made her unable to seek help. Bans don't always work, my friends.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

No, he didn't; if Nostradamus predicted Hitler, then Pat Robertson predicted earthquakes in states that legalized gay marriage.

You see, I get my news stories from the nightly news here in Massachusetts (a liberal state, FYI).
    What is this thing with you and the word "liberal?" Why does it matter if Massachusetts is a liberal state or not?

A very distant relative of mine just died. She had been a drug addict, apparently, for a while. I hear from my dad (who went) that the funeral was closed-casket. But banning drugs hasn't stopped people like her. It only made her unable to seek help. Bans don't always work, my friends.
    Here we go with more anecdotes. Watch this:

One time, I had a friend in high school who tried to get me to smoke marijuana. I said to him, "No thanks, that shit's illegal and I could lose my position if I got caught with it." At the time I hadn't really thought of using drugs one way or the other, so I had no opinions on it in a political sense; all I knew was that it would get me in trouble, and I had no real reason to risk losing my position, so I didn't do it.

According to my anecdote, now we can say that anti-drug laws are good --- they discourage people from doing drugs because the consequence is too great to risk.
    "I'm sorry
    "

I get my news from FOX News, the most trusted name in news.

Well, we're both right. But I think I am also right in your anecdote. Why was your friend doing pot? Because it's risky? Because he feels good with it? It's still illegal. But he did it. Are anecdotes really bad? People would rather hear stories than numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    OK, that's total shit.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    HA! I call bullshit, but hey it's FOX News if they say they are the most trusted then all conservative believe it. Whatever the conservatives believe it must be right, god forbid you disagree with them.

It's more like FAUX News.

I call bullshit troll.

Are anecdotes really bad? People would rather hear stories than numbers.
    They're neither good nor bad. They just don't substitute for actual evidence.

And some children would prefer to believe in Santa Claus, guess that means he's real.
    "I'm sorry
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post

You see, I get my news stories from the nightly news here in Massachusetts (a liberal state, FYI). Just because the newscasters cry over every murder doesn't mean we have to. A very distant relative of mine just died. She had been a drug addict, apparently, for a while. I hear from my dad (who went) that the funeral was closed-casket. But banning drugs hasn't stopped people like her. It only made her unable to seek help. Bans don't always work, my friends.
    By that logic, we should legalize all drugs, yes? Laws against murder don't stop people from murdering each other, either... might as well legalize murder. Then at least it'd be legal to murder all the murderers, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk