Thread: Ahnuld's comeback flick, The Last Stand

Hybrid View

Default Ahnuld's comeback flick, The Last Stand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=oc0x-jiewTE

http://www.break.com/video/break-exc...railer-2395010

Fuckin' yeah.

The first trailer was pretty okay but "meh", but these two more recent ones are lookin' gnarly. You heard me, gnarly. Sure looks to kick the everloving shit out of Die Hard "I call bullshit!" 5.

Looks straight-up cheesy, over-the-top, one-liner spewing, hard-R violence, classic unapologetic Ahnuld being awesome. We'll try to forget The Expendables sequel, dude. Just stay on this track. The prison heist movie with Stallone looks rad too.
    Last edited by Eskimo; 01-11-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Stoked. Looking forward to watching that in the theaters. Just 'cause of Johnny Knoxville is one awesome mothafucka!

I refuse to believe anyone has ever enjoyed a Schwarzenegger film in a non-ironic, hipster way :P He's always been an awful actor, and every single movie he's been in is so stupid. Terminator was the most tolerable one, though no thanks to Arnold himself. Especially now, since he proved himself to be a shitty politician and everyone hates him, it seems especially strange that he has ANY fans!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

The first two Terminators and the first Conan were masterpieces. The Running Man was balls-to-the-wall awesome. The first Predator was just regular awesome. Total Recall, Kindergarten Cop and Red Heat were all solid. Commando was only saved because it had Wez from Mad Max 2 in an even gayer role than when he wore assless chaps and led an effeminate buttslave around on a leash. The rest, well, they can't all be wins.

Some of us don't feel compelled to view all forms of media as a means of feeling smug and self-satisfied. Some of us are actually capable of switching our brains off and watching some good cheesy stupid fun.

And Ahnold never "proved" himself to be a shitty politician, and if anybody hates him they're in the vast, vast minority. He was a capable and respected Governator and he is and forever will be a beloved and admired icon of a simpler, less self-absorbed age than we live in today.

I still can't believe he was the Governor of California

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I refuse to believe anyone has ever enjoyed a Schwarzenegger film in a non-ironic, hipster way :P He's always been an awful actor, and every single movie he's been in is so stupid. Terminator was the most tolerable one, though no thanks to Arnold himself. Especially now, since he proved himself to be a shitty politician and everyone hates him, it seems especially strange that he has ANY fans!
    Maybe get over yourself a little? If a giant chunk of the population of both the US and other western countries didn't love both the dude's personality and his fun-as-fuck screen presence, his career would have been over long before the Maria scandal. You know, with all his other scandals and shit?

As for the hipster thing, fuck you. About the only things that really applies to is Jingle All Ze Vay because of Conan, and Batman & Robin. And let's be honest, in a straight-up honest-to-god way those movies were Ahnuld. What the hell does anyone get out of B&R aside from "You nut sendin' ME to da coolah!" and such?

The governor thing's debatable. He'll never be remembered as a guy who got things done, sure, but California was going down the shitter by '03 anyway, and it's a bit more complicated than "dude doesn't speak English and is screwing over public school teachers". Lots of crazy shit going on.

The movie industry needs Ahnuld right about now, kick aside all of the douchey smug prettyboy leading-actors in action flicks, bring back some of the dorky, lowbrow, violent but fun 80s vibe, and in a way that doesn't seem cheap and direct-to-video like the Expendables unfortunately were.

Not to mention it's directed by the dude who did The Good, the Bad, and the Weird. Crazy awesome.
    Last edited by Eskimo; 01-12-2013 at 07:23 PM.

I'm actually starting to look forward to this new movie, largely because I really enjoyed Johnny knoxville in that movie with The Rock.

I'm a big fan of classic Arnold movies, in general. Some are better than others, obviously, but that doesn't make them any less fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

I went and saw this last night. Fucking great. Was not expecting it to be as serious as it was. Arnold of course had a bunch of crazy one liners and Knoxville was pretty funny. But it definitely was a serious movie. I mean come on how can you not think Arnold shooting a dude in the head while falling from a building then using said man to break your fall is fucking great. Yea the director of "I Saw The Devil" did a good job with this one.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Retard View Post
    I went and saw this last night. Fucking great. Was not expecting it to be as serious as it was.
    I agree I really liked it