Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call-out sick policies of different jobs in different countries.

Then you should have specified which part you were disagreeing with.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Then you should have specified which part you were disagreeing with.
    Hate to be "that guy," but....it was pretty easy for me to figure out using context clues, and he/she wasn't even talking to me.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

I mentioned several things. The fact that in office jobs you don't have much contact with co-workers, which could have easily been mistaken for an opinion. I also said that you are largely separated from the public, which technically could have been disagreed with. Also, that there is no chance of infecting a large amount of people. In that sentence, I should not have used the word "no," because that makes the sentence an absolute, which could also have been disagreed with. He could have continued with what he said in any case.
    All of my statement mentioned here were based on what I learned from what I know of office jobs based on what I've heard from my mother over the years and a little of what I've heard from other people.
    Last edited by "Melyssa K" Kennedy; 01-12-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

I mentioned several things.
    Just saying....when someone says they disagree with you, you generally read what they wrote, and exactly what they disagree with is implied by what they say -- ex. if they say, "I disagree with you there, I've gotten sick from someone else at work before, and I work in a cubicle," it's implied that the thing they disagree with is probably the opposite of what they specifically said. They said they got sick from someone and that they worked in a cubicle, so they probably disagree with you saying that you don't have to worry about getting other people sick if you work in a cubicle.
    "I'm sorry
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    I called in one day because I had worked for 21 hours straight (due to a scheduling "accident" on their part, I basically worked a triple shift), and they expected me to go home, sleep for 2 hours, and come back the next morning as well for another double shift, so I called in and said, "I need to sleep sometime." They said, "Okay, but I'm writing you up." So I shrugged, hung up and went back to bed.
    That breaks allll kinds of labor laws...

You all seem to call out a lot... I've called out of work twice this year. Once, because I was hospitalized for a day. And the other time, my car broke down halfway to work and I had no one who could pick me up. 2011, I called out once, because I was sick. 2010, I don't think I called out at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

You all seem to call out a lot... I've called out of work twice this year.
    After I had my surgery, my doctor was telling me that the lump on my thyroid was so big, it had probably been there for a couple of years at least, possibly longer. So at the time I thought I was just lazy for calling in, but as it turns out, a large portion of my laziness could have been due to severe hypothyroidism --- apparently, thyroid cancer can also cause symptoms of both mania and severe depression. That could explain why I was misdiagnosed with Bipolar disorder a few years prior; they mistook my periods of energy followed by periods of lethargy with mood swings

I won't know for sure how much of my laziness is just laziness, and how much is influenced by hypothyroidism, until I can get my TSH sorted out (which is still dangerously high, even almost a year after my surgery).
    "I'm sorry
    "