Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you fought a UFC champion 1000 times, how many times would you win?

Hybrid View

Default If you fought a UFC champion 1000 times, how many times would you win?

If you fought a UFC guy 1000 times, how many times would you win?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

A lightweight champ= about 50ish

Welterweight- maybe 30

Heavyweight- none I'm sure I would get murdered

3. Default

Probably zero. I am not a trained fighter, and I work in an office for 40+ hours a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    A lightweight champ= about 50ish

Welterweight- maybe 30

Heavyweight- none I'm sure I would get murdered
    Are you nuts?!

I was thinking the answer to this question would be an estimate of how many times out of 1000 a UFC fighter would make a mistake that leaves them extremely vulnerable combined with your ability to take advantage of such a mistake. So you'd expect a lightweight fighter to make a mistake and fall flat on his back like 200 times out of 1000, and you'd capitalize enough to come up with a win 1/4 of the time (50)? That sounds far-fetched. Sounds like you're actually expecting to kick some ass.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Are you nuts?!

I was thinking the answer to this question would be an estimate of how many times out of 1000 a UFC fighter would make a mistake that leaves them extremely vulnerable combined with your ability to take advantage of such a mistake. So you'd expect a lightweight fighter to make a mistake and fall flat on his back like 200 times out of 1000, and you'd capitalize enough to come up with a win 1/4 of the time (50)? That sounds far-fetched. Sounds like you're actually expecting to kick some ass.
    Am I nuts? Why yes I am lol . It might be a little far-fected but I like to believe that could possibly stand a chance. I can throw a decent punch, I can kick, I know the pressure points, I could do an arm bar, ect..

I was thinking the answer to this question would be an estimate of how many times out of 1000 a UFC fighter would make a mistake that leaves them extremely vulnerable combined with your ability to take advantage of such a mistake.
    Unless you're trained in the specifics of combat, it's unlikely you would possess the skill necessary to exploit such a mistake in time, much less repeatedly.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    Unless you're trained in the specifics of combat, it's unlikely you would possess the skill necessary to exploit such a mistake in time, much less repeatedly.
    Ever seen that show on MTV where bullies have to fight UFC people? I've seen a few of the bullies border on putting up a competitive effort. Throw in the chance of an unforced mistake on the part of the UFC fighter, and there has to be at least 1 victory in 1000 tries.

Also, if the UFC guy lost his balance and landed on his back at the end of a round, he might be too tired to defend himself in a very vulnerable position.
    Last edited by bighead384; 01-14-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Are you nuts?!

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    Lightweight is only a 135 pound division. If Tiny Vessels is 200 pounds or around that area, it's completely possible.

I was thinking the answer to this question would be an estimate of how many times out of 1000 a UFC fighter would make a mistake that leaves them extremely vulnerable combined with your ability to take advantage of such a mistake.
    I think that's wrong. Nobody here would have the ability to take advantage of any mistakes a UFC champion might make. The only chance of winning against a far-superior opponent would be with a sheer dumb-luck punch that lands perfectly and knocks the guy out, which happens from time to time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWbfXh8eni4

This poorly-skilled suicidal drunken psychopath knocked out a UFC champion with a dumb-luck punch. So it can happen.

Nah, I'm no fighter.