Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you fought a UFC champion 1000 times, how many times would you win?

Default If you fought a UFC champion 1000 times, how many times would you win?

If you fought a UFC guy 1000 times, how many times would you win?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

A lightweight champ= about 50ish

Welterweight- maybe 30

Heavyweight- none I'm sure I would get murdered

3. Default

Probably zero. I am not a trained fighter, and I work in an office for 40+ hours a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Vessels View Post
    A lightweight champ= about 50ish

Welterweight- maybe 30

Heavyweight- none I'm sure I would get murdered
    Are you nuts?!

I was thinking the answer to this question would be an estimate of how many times out of 1000 a UFC fighter would make a mistake that leaves them extremely vulnerable combined with your ability to take advantage of such a mistake. So you'd expect a lightweight fighter to make a mistake and fall flat on his back like 200 times out of 1000, and you'd capitalize enough to come up with a win 1/4 of the time (50)? That sounds far-fetched. Sounds like you're actually expecting to kick some ass.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Are you nuts?!

I was thinking the answer to this question would be an estimate of how many times out of 1000 a UFC fighter would make a mistake that leaves them extremely vulnerable combined with your ability to take advantage of such a mistake. So you'd expect a lightweight fighter to make a mistake and fall flat on his back like 200 times out of 1000, and you'd capitalize enough to come up with a win 1/4 of the time (50)? That sounds far-fetched. Sounds like you're actually expecting to kick some ass.
    Am I nuts? Why yes I am lol . It might be a little far-fected but I like to believe that could possibly stand a chance. I can throw a decent punch, I can kick, I know the pressure points, I could do an arm bar, ect..

I was thinking the answer to this question would be an estimate of how many times out of 1000 a UFC fighter would make a mistake that leaves them extremely vulnerable combined with your ability to take advantage of such a mistake.
    Unless you're trained in the specifics of combat, it's unlikely you would possess the skill necessary to exploit such a mistake in time, much less repeatedly.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    Unless you're trained in the specifics of combat, it's unlikely you would possess the skill necessary to exploit such a mistake in time, much less repeatedly.
    Ever seen that show on MTV where bullies have to fight UFC people? I've seen a few of the bullies border on putting up a competitive effort. Throw in the chance of an unforced mistake on the part of the UFC fighter, and there has to be at least 1 victory in 1000 tries.

Also, if the UFC guy lost his balance and landed on his back at the end of a round, he might be too tired to defend himself in a very vulnerable position.
    Last edited by bighead384; 01-14-2013 at 01:31 PM.

I'd win 1,000 times provided I was fighting Evan Tanner.

Otherwise, I'd win none times.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Ever seen that show on MTV where bullies have to fight UFC people? I've seen a few of the bullies border on putting up a competitive effort. Throw in the chance of an unforced mistake on the part of the UFC fighter, and there has to be at least 1 victory in 1000 tries.

Also, if the UFC guy lost his balance and landed on his back at the end of a round, he might be too tired to defend himself in a very vulnerable position.
    One big fly in the ointment...on Bully Beatdown, the UFC or pro fighters had all kinds of restrictions on them outlining what they were not allowed to do. They also wore different gloves. A normal everyday guy fighting a UFC champ in a normal UFC style fight at a similar weight would get killed, quickly.

I'd kill (I mean beat) him 1001 times.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.