Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If you fought a UFC champion 1000 times, how many times would you win?

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    Are you nuts?!

I was thinking the answer to this question would be an estimate of how many times out of 1000 a UFC fighter would make a mistake that leaves them extremely vulnerable combined with your ability to take advantage of such a mistake. So you'd expect a lightweight fighter to make a mistake and fall flat on his back like 200 times out of 1000, and you'd capitalize enough to come up with a win 1/4 of the time (50)? That sounds far-fetched. Sounds like you're actually expecting to kick some ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    Unless you're trained in the specifics of combat, it's unlikely you would possess the skill necessary to exploit such a mistake in time, much less repeatedly.
    Lightweight is only a 135 pound division. If Tiny Vessels is 200 pounds or around that area, it's completely possible.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    Lightweight is only a 135 pound division. If Tiny Vessels is 200 pounds or around that area, it's completely possible.
    I'm pushing 200, and I guarantee a well-trained 135-pound UFC fighter could kick my ass into a million pieces. Size isn't everything.

Tiny Vessle is a femal, the guys on Bully Beatdown are not UFC champions, some of the bullies were super ripped trained fighters, and even if you could exploit a mistake, you'd have to have the skill to truly capatalize.

I have a friend who trains in MMA, he's like 80 pounds lighter than me, and even though I know a reasonable amount abput defense, wrestling, and holds he wins. Someone gave me shit at a party becausr he choked me out, I wasn't even upset, you have to understand that these people do this for a living.

Maybe, if I went all out punching and kicking I could get him. I weigh around 230, so I think I could maybe have a chance of winning a couple of times against the much smaller fighters, but I don't see it happening with any consistency and I don't see it happening at all against actual champions. I don't think any of us could ever beat someone in our weight or even the class below, especially if they are or have been champions.

Think of it this way, what are your chances of beating a world class Starcraft player, even if he makes a mistake? Or medaling in literally any Olympic sport, even if you had 1000 chances.
    Last edited by WebDudette; 01-15-2013 at 06:03 PM.
    I wrote a four word letter.

Zero. I can fight untrained people of my weight (I'm light), that's about it.

Sorry to bump the week-old thread, but I'm back! Sorry everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

Do you mean if I had to do it, like, today? Or would I have some time to "get back into the game", as it were? I used to be pretty solid at tae kwon do, but stopped around my freshman year in high school and haven't kept myself in shape so I could use a refresher. The couple times I've randomly sparred people since then they were surprised by how non-sucky I was, but I was better when I did it more often.

Quote Originally Posted by bighead384 View Post
    I was thinking the answer to this question would be an estimate of how many times out of 1000 a UFC fighter would make a mistake that leaves them extremely vulnerable combined with your ability to take advantage of such a mistake.
    I think that's wrong. Nobody here would have the ability to take advantage of any mistakes a UFC champion might make. The only chance of winning against a far-superior opponent would be with a sheer dumb-luck punch that lands perfectly and knocks the guy out, which happens from time to time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWbfXh8eni4

This poorly-skilled suicidal drunken psychopath knocked out a UFC champion with a dumb-luck punch. So it can happen.

Nah, I'm no fighter.

I'm a fighter, but I'd still get my ass kicked by a UFC Fighter. They've got skills I simply don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Selena74 View Post
    I'm a fighter, but I'd still get my ass kicked by a UFC Fighter. They've got skills I simply don't have.
    Well what if it was like the crappiest fighter that barely made the cut?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I want to to believe my one year of muay thai would at least give me two wins...out of a thousand (on 155lbs).
    A ghost is all that's left, of everything we swore we never would forget. Tried to bleed the sickness, but we drained our hearts instead. We are...we are the dead.