Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it stupid to be bothered by this?

Hybrid View

Default Is it stupid to be bothered by this?

Yesterday on his show, Rush Limbaugh claims he killed (tortured) a mouse that he found in his house in the following manner:
    So I said, "I'm gonna have to kill it." And, I mean, I'm not a violent person. I didn't really know how. I didn't have a gun. I didn't think a gun would be appropriate for a mouse anyway. So the mouse was trying to get out of there. The first thing I did, I went and got a can of Pam, kitchen spray, and I soaked the mouse. I thought it would die, being poisoned. But it liked it, started licking itself like crazy. It's pure fat. It loved it. The mouse started licking itself, it was in heaven. So then I take the wastebasket and I just shook it as hard as I could side to side with the mouse banging around inside, and that didn't quite do it.

Anyway, you've heard the story. Eventually I waited for nightfall, took the mouse outside, dumped it right next to the driveway. I went out a few hours later and it was gone, so I figured nature had taken its course, something had come along.
    I'm sorry, but I just find this to be an ignorant way to treat a living creature. Especially as a vegetarian. I figure, if he has this mentality about one living creature, it must extend to other living creatures as well.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...lled_by_a_hawk
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

It is not stupid to feel so. Torturing it is just cruel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijs View Post
    Sometimes I love Jojan <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiralanal View Post
    Jojan is not ignorant. He is the king. You are the enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by PilZ-E View Post
    I appreciate Jojan.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle654 View Post
    Jojan you are my favorite!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bipolar Bear View Post
    Jojan fucking owns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    jojan's right boob = hawt
    Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    Jojan, you are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by yarock View Post
    Jojan fr den Sieg.
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    I like Jojan's signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    Jojan for President!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I actually think Jojan is pretty funny in his own right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJakes84 View Post
    Jojan's signature is the longest and most beloved. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by KickHimWhenHe'sDown View Post
    Maybe because it came from Jojan, and Jojan rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Jojan is right
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ignition- View Post
    Jojans planer lter bra.

Poor, poor mouse.

I'll bet the real reason is that the mouse was an Obama vote.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis lev.

That's not "torturing", that's just being really really inept at killing mice. The fact that he put it outside instead of finishing the job properly makes him worthy of contempt. But calling him a torturer or a sadist or deciding that he must have the same regard for human life as he does for plague-bearing vermin just makes you a smug asshole.

Generally when I have to kill something mouse-sized I hold it underwater. It's extremely quick, mess-free, and looks like it's relatively peaceful and painless. But I don't blame anyone for being awkward or squeamish about killing an animal of that size, especially if they don't know how to go about doing it.

If you're not gonna kill it quick, you may as well leave it alone until you find a better method than Pam. As Baldwin said, holding it under water is probably best for a little rodent with a high metabolism like that. Or quickly chop of its head in the backyard.
    I'm in agreement with Baldwin that what he did was not torture, just kinda stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    That's not "torturing", that's just being really really inept at killing mice. The fact that he put it outside instead of finishing the job properly makes him worthy of contempt. But calling him a torturer or a sadist or deciding that he must have the same regard for human life as he does for plague-bearing vermin just makes you a smug asshole.
    Whether or not he meant to torture that mouse, he tortured it. Someone I know flung a cat into a radiator and hit it with a hammer until it died when she was 4 years old -- she tortured that cat to death. Intent had nothing to do with it.

Generally when I have to kill something mouse-sized I hold it underwater. It's extremely quick, mess-free, and looks like it's relatively peaceful and painless. But I don't blame anyone for being awkward or squeamish about killing an animal of that size, especially if they don't know how to go about doing it.
    I've never had to kill an animal of that size, but I always figured "glue trap + drop heavy book from great height" would be my plan of attack. My real plan of attack ended up being ownership of a cat.

edit: For the record, I believe what Limbaugh did was both torture AND stupid, and I don't think torture and stupidity are mutually exclusive.

How would that guy feel if the mouse tortured him with cruelty?

There really has to be a deliberate infliction of pain it to be torture. Killing something can really only be called torture if you deliberately prolong the process to increase the amount of suffering, which is clearly not something that Limbaugh did. Calling it torture is pretty much the same as when people refer to abortions or executions as 'murder' ; using a more emotionally-charged word to convey just how disgusting and heinous you find something. But it's not torture. It's just sloppy, inhumane and very much lacking in compassion.

By the way, you should probably discourage your cat from killing mice if there's a chance they could be moving from house to house or apartment to apartment. Most poison baits stay active in the blood and can kill cats and small dogs.

I don't get how one person can say that what thay guy did in a rush was torturing and at the same time lets cat to do the job. Uhh.

ps. Oppressed as always, but at least this time Brain made his way to political section xD

It would be a pretty sucky death, but yes, no worse than being eaten by a cat. That would be terrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."