Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's do something special for Noodles for his birthday (Noodles, don't read this!)

2 members appreciate this post.

Default Let's do something special for Noodles for his birthday (Noodles, don't read this!)

This is NOT a birthday thread!
    I've only been a BBS'er for a few months but it's clear how much Noodles interacts with the fans, both on the BBS and on twitter and in person. I thought it would be fun if we did something for him for his birthday since he's the Offspring member who connects with the fans most often. I don't have any ideas of what we could do or how we could do it, yet, so if you have any, please share them. I wanted to post this well enough in advance so we didn't have to rush.

Edit: I did just think up an idea, but I think it's kinda dumb. >,>

Edit after edit: Tori and I did not send PM's to everyone requesting a brief birthday message for the written gift. If you have not received a PM and want to participate, just PM one of us with your message and we will include it. Remember, it will be on a "card" with the others, so please don't make it too long. And write it as if you are TALKING TO NOODLES, since he will be reading it himself.

No offense to those not PM'd. Tori PM'd people as she saw them get online and I PM'd those she didn't that I know frequently visit and/or post on the BBS.
    Last edited by "Melyssa K" Kennedy; 01-18-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

Please, share this idea. I'm thinking of decorating my acoustic guitar.

Well, I thought it would be cool if we could record ourselves saying, "Happy birthday, Noodles!" and somehow line them up, one after the other. See, the drawback is that, depending how many people do it, it could be very long and I don't even know if it's possible to accomplish.

But I thought it would be cool for Noodles to hear just how varied the fans are, 'cuz I know we all have a ton of different accents and they haven't toured in every country that has Offspring fans. But how the hell would we even do it? See, I told you it was dumb. u,u
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.

Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Well, I thought it would be cool if we could record ourselves saying, "Happy birthday, Noodles!" and somehow line them up, one after the other. See, the drawback is that, depending how many people do it, it could be very long and I don't even know if it's possible to accomplish.

But I thought it would be cool for Noodles to hear just how varied the fans are, 'cuz I know we all have a ton of different accents and they haven't toured in every country that has Offspring fans. But how the hell would we even do it? See, I told you it was dumb. u,u
    Lots of different ages as well. It would be totally fucking cool if we got all the active BBS members to do that! We should make a thread asking people to send us them saying that if other people like the idea.

Well the options are limited because we all can do something together just over the internets. And Noodles can receive the "gift" only through the internet too I guess. Maybe it's stupid but it's my first and quick idea, we could make a high-res blank white image, where every active member from the BBS could write a few words, sign it, wish him happy bday, draw something etc...

Edit: Yea I also thought about the audio thing

2 members appreciate this post.

Krojd, I was thinking that, too!

Now, do you mean like actual writing? Some people would have to take a photo of what they wrote. I know not everyone has a scanner.

If we all like took it in turns to save the pic and then upload it onto MS Paint and type our own message, it would be cool

I have an idea about the photo one. If one of us starts it and then messages it to another person, they can type on it, send it back to you and then you can get another person to do it. I'd be willing to use my time doing this if you want.

Edit: I can start right now if you guys are okay with the above idea.
    Last edited by Tori OC; 01-17-2013 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tori OC View Post
    If one of us starts it and then messages it to another person, they can type on it, send it back to you and then you can get another person to do it.
    I'm not sure I understand that. I think we should think about it more and figure it out, also bring more members and their ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Krojd View Post
    I'm not sure I understand that. I think we should think about it more and figure it out, also bring more members and their ideas.
    Right, so I have a huge amount of time on my hands because I don't sleep much and I don't do much with the time I save from not sleeping much (I don't do much with any of my time) so I could make an MS paint file and write a small message on it, then send it to another person and get them to type on it. Then when they send it back to me, I send it to another person and they type on it as well and so on. You get it now?