Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I Have A Confession To Make

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    This is awesome. Awesomely right. Nice find, Baldwin.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

I find that comment really interesting, llamas, considering that you're usually the one who initiates most of the arguments between you and me. I don't often follow you around just to argue with you.

And not sure what godxilla and baldwin are getting at. You could say that this argument was petty, if you like, but I fail to see how it's "imaginary."
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post
    I find that comment really interesting, llamas, considering that you're usually the one who initiates most of the arguments between you and me. I don't often follow you around just to argue with you.

And not sure what godxilla and baldwin are getting at. You could say that this argument was petty, if you like, but I fail to see how it's "imaginary."
    Hey, man. Baldwin's trying to make a point, but I'm just complimenting a good meme/one-liner. I don't think your argument is imaginary, but seriously, I just liked the pic. Nothing personal. Not calling you anything. Not hinting at anything. Just saying "nice" to a pie chart which deserves such praise.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Quote Originally Posted by Static_Martyr View Post

I comment first, yes. I never said you follow anyone around trying to start arguments. But I don't comment in a way to instigate an argument. I maybe write a couple sentences, which devolves into you writing 30 sentences in one comment, and usually results with me leaving for work or going to bed because I don't have anymore time to read all that. Conversations with you - here and on Facebook, and not only for me (just ask around) - end up with you writing ridiculously long replies. Naturally people are going to "back off" simply for that reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

And that's their decision to make. The people I respect (and who respect me) don't leave drive-by comments and then take offense at me for addressing them. It's also unrealistic to expect that I address a comment in the same (or fewer) word limit as the comment I'm addressing. It takes five words to spout some falsehood or BS; it could take a single sentence or a whole paragraph (depending on whether you provide source links and quotes) to explain why it's BS.

If you don't have the time or motivation to read my responses, then you're free not to read them. But it seems arrogant to me to feel that it's acceptable for you to offer your thoughts on something, but I'm somehow being facetious for responding with mine just because you don't like reading them -- especially given that you're in no way obligated to read them.

Believe it or not, many of my friends enjoy having extended debates about our disagreements. It's like chess by mail; you can put it off until you have time and work out an intelligent response. If you don't like having nuanced discussions about the details of particular issues, then that's fine, but you don't have to invest so much energy into trying to convince me that I'm being so uncouth because that's my preferred method of discourse. You have yours and I have mine.
    "I'm sorry
    For all the things that I never did
    For all the places I never was
    For all the people I never stopped
    But there was nothing I could do...
    "