Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Attitudes

Quote Originally Posted by OC HAU View Post
    Basically, those sentences are not very universal and I find it weak. There is truth. Objective truth. We have law courts and science etc...
    The HAU is back! Wow. Welcome, man.
    This is great. Kickhim and OC HAU are back. god, all my friends are comin'! It's nice to see you.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    ...Look, basically there is no such thing as truth. There is no such thing as reality. There is only your truth. Your reality. Everybody perceives the world differently and in those perceptions create their own realities in their minds. That's all there is.
    This is some seriously stupid shit. I mean in the grand scheme, it is retarded. I am so sick of this dumbass hippie fucktard argument that perception is reality. It ain't. Reality is reality whether you like it or know it or not. Just because one person perceives something INCORRECTLY does not negate the fact that something real/quanitifiable occurred, even if said idiot denies it or does not acknowldge it. Hell, I can smash you in the head with a fuckin hammer and we can deny it ever happend. That dent in your head and your scrambled egg means it was real.

Quote Originally Posted by Godxilla View Post
    I can be erotic.
    I can be exotic.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Reality is reality whether you like it or know it or not.
    Oh? And how did you come to believe that? Did you perhaps form that opinion in your mind based solely on your subjective sensory experiences? That would mean you created your own reality. There is no avoiding it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTO13 View Post
    Just because one person perceives something INCORRECTLY does not negate the fact that something real/quanitifiable occurred, even if said idiot denies it or does not acknowldge it
    What if nobody is capable of acknowledging this "real" event? How do you handle that? Is it still real?

What if, instead of being human, you are actually an artificially animated construct made from feces? Sort of a shit golem, if you will. Due to the advanced process used to make you into a human-shaped piece of excrement you are indistinguishable from real humans but absolutely nobody could possibly know it. It would still be true. It would still be reality. But abstract truth like this is meaningless. Only perception and interpretation makes reality matter in any way, and this is why I say reality truly lies in our own minds. Because I'm speaking in a practical, workable sense.

Finally, your certainty that a purely objective "reality" actually exists suggests you may want to study up on your physics. I'd suggest you start by reading up on the Copenhagen interpretation regarding wavefunction collapse. Then there's the fact that we are all participant observers in this universe. We cannot be certain that our presence is not affecting any data we gather. Actual reality could be mind-bendingly strange. What if the one-electron universe hypothesis is correct? That's the one that states there is only one electron in the entire universe but it is capable of moving through time so as to be in all places seemingly simultaneously. These things matter to physicists but to the rest of us it's just further evidence that actual "reality" is meaningless without subjective interpretation. What most of us think of as reality is only a consensus opinion. If your personal interpretation varies greatly from the consensus you are deemed to be wrong, but actually there is always a chance that your personal interpretation is closer to the object "truth", except I must state again that this pure "reality" is not actually important in our day to day lives. When you really think about what reality is and begin to question whether it is even possible to know "true" reality you are left realizing you might as well try to believe whatever makes you happiest. You fucking shit golem.
    Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.” – Bill Hicks