Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why did Turning Into You get virtually no airplay?

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I think it would have got promoted more if it was not the last album in their contract with columbia
    Last album or not, if the single reacted at radio, it would have gotten promoted more. Keep in mind, it is spectacularly expensive to mount any commercial radio campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I would actually like to see them record more heavy sounding rock songs I know with bob rock they could pull it off
    For that to happen, they'd have to want to record heavier songs, and I'm not sure that's the case.
    Last edited by Little_Miss_1565; 01-30-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Last album or not, if the single reacted at radio, it would have gotten promoted more.
    yeah it's a shame folk rock is so big right now I don't really enjoy it at all although im sure most people do

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    For that to happen, they'd have to want to record heavier songs, and I'm not sure that's the case.
    well that's too bad

Because the offspring are irrelevant in the mainstream. I dont know why questions like these are still asked.

Well guys we have to accept that the band is no longer as they used to be (Americana/Smash Eras) I don't know if Days Go By album will be a successful album or maybe got the RAFRAG level because there are really good songs on it ,but I think the main problems are the singles and columbia records! but I don't really know why Turning Into You is so underrated on radio,I have never heard it in my country on a radio station (there are like 2 rock radio station in my hometown)
    Last edited by Pedrosky; 01-30-2013 at 11:47 PM.

Default Dgb

ok, I admit that, at this point, the Offspring could have done better ....
    However I think that bands like Green Day will have a time of crisis like the Offspring they're having now.
    The example I'm going to do, it's not really similar to the situation of the Offspring, but I want to see what I mean:
    U2, in the 90s, they released the album Zooropa and Pop, which were not mentioned much during that time.

For me, Rise and Fall Days Go by and are in the same situation (not just similar) of those two album of U2 ..... although at that time, U2 had been a huge success ....
    Maybe the next album will be good ....

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingcoles View Post
    Because the offspring are irrelevant in the mainstream. I dont know why questions like these are still asked.
    That's a pretty ignorant explanation. I mean, I'm talking about a specific, quantifiable difference here. Look at how the singles from the last album charted, and look at how the singles from this album charted. TBH, 1565's explanation makes a good deal of sense. Although even considering that, I STILL would've thought TIY would get somewhere closer to #10 on the alt. rock charts. At least to the point where it's a song that most people into that kind of music would hear it at least once.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

I was driving home from a party one night and I heard a remixed version of Turning Into You on the local radio station. It was some kind of dubstep remix where they were taking regular songs and making dubstep remixes of them. It wasn't very good. That is the most I ever heard Turning Into You on the radio. It was hinted that it was going to be played more in promotional ads for said radio station, but I haven't heard it and I've been listening to the radio A LOT.

Modern Offspring material in general doesn't get a whole lot of airplay. It's just not a popular sound anymore. In 10-15 years if Coldplay are still around, they won't get played either, as everyone'll be listening to Jamaican Polka and Bulgarian Thrash Rap-metal.