Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goddamn Glasses.

Default Goddamn Glasses.

I went into town today with a few friends, and I put my glasses in my pocket, as I tend to do when I meet people. I reach into my pocket to fetch them, they fall out, and break. And now I can't see.

*Insert profanity*
    "I don't cut my grass. I threaten it."

Perhaps you should buy contacts. I find them great.

Naw, tried some. Hated the bloody things. Not only did I have to put them in the right way round, I had to make sure they were the right way up too, cos I have a stigmatism.

Oh you had to get hard lenses. I got a slight stigmatism in one of my eyes but they don't correct with soft lenses but I'm fine with that.

Do some research though on contacts. if your stigmatism is in one eye or not that bad you might be ok with soft lenses like me.

Manchester,England,(U.K.) Tis deliciously urban and I am loving it! :)

Ooh,that sucks!I am short sighted,but I do without glasses or contacts now,as my eyes aren't that bad.Used to wear glasses,but when the jokes about me beinga geek got too much,I got contacts.Got fed up having to clean them etc,so glasses agin when I started uni.They still made me look geeky so I gave up and did without.
    "My whole life is a dark room.One.Big.Dark.Room."

Daily disposable's avoid cleaning.

You can get ones you put in your eye for a whole month and sleep with them on too for a whole month. I wouldn't suggest them though due to the higher chance of infection.

Besdies cleaning takes like 60 secs out of your day. It's no price to pay for clear vision without looking like a geek, clear vision in the rain, no steaming, being able to lay down on your side etc.

contacts rock.

No, they were soft lenses. Still didnt like em.

How can they be soft lenses if you had a spagmatism and had to get them the right way up as well as not inside out?

Soft lenses you can't have upside down.

You can. They had a little line on them which had to be at the bottom of the eye.

Manchester,England,(U.K.) Tis deliciously urban and I am loving it! :)

Quote Originally Posted by RXP
    Daily disposable's avoid cleaning.

You can get ones you put in your eye for a whole month and sleep with them on too for a whole month. I wouldn't suggest them though due to the higher chance of infection.

Besdies cleaning takes like 60 secs out of your day. It's no price to pay for clear vision without looking like a geek, clear vision in the rain, no steaming, being able to lay down on your side etc.

contacts rock.
    Yeah,in theory,but I am kinda obsessive and paranoid about cleanliness/hygiene/health/getting infections etc,so I would always spend longer than 5 minutes claning them and even then I would be really worried about getting eye infections.Plus my mum paid for my lenses at the time, and she couldn't afford to buy me disposable ones.If it works for you,that's cool though.
    "My whole life is a dark room.One.Big.Dark.Room."