Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 55

Thread: Abortions

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,129


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    It all comes down to when people believe it becomes "a person." Some people say a cluster of cells is already a person with human rights and others say it is nothing more than clumps of replicating DNA. THAT is the whole issue of abortions and THAT is where the arguments start and never end. Of course, then religion and biology are brought into it and it becomes an all-out war.
    Well, those that say it is simply replicating DNA are correct in a utterly simplistic way. It's called the beginning if life. Want to know why they call it that? It is because that is precisely what it is. Those that say it is simply a mass of DNA should remember that every single human started out that exact same way, including the them. They were simply fortunate enough to be cared for and allowed to live.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,683


    Default

    Nope. Again, you are wrong. You just don't have anything productive to contribute to the rest of what I said. There is plenty of room for discussion there. You clearly just have nothing to say about it because I made an excellent point and giving me any credit would just undermine you saying I'm wrong. This is how you present yourself, even if it is not the case.
    And since when is an opinion a fact? You said my facts are wrong when it's my opinion you are talking about. You need to look up the difference between them. Also, I gave you facts supporting that I am right. Some women do use it as their form of birth control. Some is not equal to all, learn math. How is what your friend said any more valid than what my friend said. You just can seem to tolerate the fact that I have ground to stand on.
    I've said what I came here to say and I'm done with it. Do what you will, I don't care. I have more important things to focus on than debating about fucking abortions with people who mistake opinion for fact.
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Salem, MA
    Posts
    943


    Default

    Hey, Melyssa: don't even waste your time with this. Believe me, some people here are impossible to argue with. You can know what you know and she can know what she knows. The fact is, abortion has exactly zero solutions until someone writes a law that offends half the population. Some people may do it many times; some people may do it once and hate it. But guess what? Neither person is representative of all views. Neither person is right, neither person is wrong. This is a personal choice (hence, that right to choose thing), and because people vary, so will choices. What I'm trying to say is that you don't have to argue with these people. Because every single one of us knows the right answer to this issue, but these right answers don't always match up.

    And MOTO put it fairly well.

    Quote Originally Posted by nieh View Post
    Life begins before conception. Every time a man ejactulates and ~100 million babies aren't produced, he is commiting mass genocide.
    That was funny.
    Quand ils ont dis "Vous vous asseyez," je me suis levé.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    13,832


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Nope. Again, you are wrong. You just don't have anything productive to contribute to the rest of what I said. There is plenty of room for discussion there. You clearly just have nothing to say about it because I made an excellent point and giving me any credit would just undermine you saying I'm wrong. This is how you present yourself, even if it is not the case.
    And since when is an opinion a fact? You said my facts are wrong when it's my opinion you are talking about. You need to look up the difference between them. Also, I gave you facts supporting that I am right. Some women do use it as their form of birth control. Some is not equal to all, learn math. How is what your friend said any more valid than what my friend said. You just can seem to tolerate the fact that I have ground to stand on.
    I've said what I came here to say and I'm done with it. Do what you will, I don't care. I have more important things to focus on than debating about fucking abortions with people who mistake opinion for fact.
    "Lazy women who use abortion as birth control": whether or not they exist is not an opinion.

    That you will die if you use abortion as a replacement for regular birth control: fact.

    Knowing someone who talked to someone who says something that sounds like you just made it up on the spot when presented with a post counter to yours: not fact. It also raises more questions than it answers. Like, if this is birth control, why pay $200-$400 dollars per termination instead of $0-$50 a month for condoms, the pill, etc.? Also, is this woman 50? 25?

    What I have trouble tolerating is that even a relatively gentle "you know this doesn't happen, right?" is perceived as an attack by you. That you continue to insist that some women use abortion as birth control tells me that you don't fully understand the function of birth control. If I were to start telling people that it's my opinion that the sky is green and how dare they try to attack my opinion, well, it would be equally puzzling.
    Last edited by Little_Miss_1565; 01-30-2013 at 12:11 PM.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street



  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,056


    Default

    I skim most of your posts, Melyssa, because I'm generally not that interested in your comments. I only saw that part because it was what 1565 quoted. And she quoted that part probably because it was the part she had something to say about. Seven abortions =/= using abortion as birth control. Some women are incredibly fertile and bc isn't 100% effective. Others are teenagers and are just dumb and don't know what they're doing. Neither of those groups of women are "too lazy" to use birth control, nor do they deserve to be treated like horrible people who deserve to have their tubes tied around their necks.

    PS: Nobody called you an idiot. Actually, you're the only one who's called anyone an idiot in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    New Jersey!!!
    Posts
    8,684


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    You are a god among men.
    I've extinguished more lives with one hand than Hitler did with an entire army.
    Last edited by nieh; 01-30-2013 at 02:09 PM.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,683


    Default

    You can believe I made that shit up about what my friend said, I don't care. I'm chatting with her on facebook right now and she thinks you are ridiculous to think I would make something like that up. I don't have to prove it to you that she exists, haha. And you have provided just as many facts as I have and in the same manner. You make me laugh.
    Suzy, the friend I am talking to, said she would leave this discussion on this quote, which is what I am going to do. "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people"
    I said, "Hi, Greg. I'm the creepy girl." He chuckled, then wanted a handshake and I gave it. I wanted a hug and he gave it. One of his sons was there, too. Cute. Then Pete got him to autograph my sign for me because I was too polite to ask myself since he was on his way to eat. Pete also took this of photo of him holding it. - 8/2/2014.
    https://twitter.com/PeteParada/statu...56317329436672
    Our official webpage: http://offspringunderground.com/

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,056


    Default

    I read a story about a woman who was with the same man for years, was on birth control the entire time, and has had 7 abortions. Whore too lazy to take bc? I think what I take issue with are "whore" and "lazy". Having regular sex does not make a person a whore, and being a "whore" (if by whore, one means slut) is not a bad thing. Furthermore, I have never, ever heard of a woman who has easy access to bc and just chooses not to take it because she's too lazy and would prefer to just wait til she gets pregnant and go through an abortion. Seriously. No such accounts exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    13,832


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Suzy, the friend I am talking to, said she would leave this discussion on this quote, which is what I am going to do. "Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people"
    So considering I'm discussing the content of your post and nothing about you personally, where does that leave you?
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street



  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    94


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by "Melyssa K" Kennedy View Post
    Clearly you people are too lazy to read my entire post and only want to nitpick at a single part to try to make me look stupid. Why you would do that is beyond me and I am beyond giving a shit why you choose to do so. I'm not ignorant on how abortions are performed and how hard on the body they are and you can't speak for all women. And this is a thread about opinions. Last time I checked, you don't have to back up an opinion with 100% hard cold facts for every single thing you say. Not all women would have a hard time with it. What about coked up crack whores? You really think they give a shit? And I never said that it would be easy for every woman. Did you even bother to read my comment about the how difficult the life of child put up for adoption would be? If all you want to do is demonize what I say based on one single sentence and apply that to how I view the entire topic, well, that is on you and you are pathetic to do so. It's not all about the woman who would or would not choose to have an abortion. What about the poor children whose mother did not choose to have an abortion and decided to give birth to them in the worst possible situation and they grew up in the shittiest of conditions, sick and hungry and shoved around from foster home to foster home. Did you even stop to think about them? No, you didn't. You just wanted to say I am absurd for saying that a fraction of women would use abortion as a form of birth control because they are too stupid and irresponsible to know the difference. If I am completely wrong about that, it doesn't mean I am wrong about the rest of my statement. But you choose to disregard that. Who's the absurd one now?
    It would certainly help if your post wasn't 13 lines long.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •