Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you still buy music?

Honestly, it completely depends on where I am.

I'm in front of my computer : I download, illegally.

I'm anywhere else : I buy, with my phone.

We're talking about Eels : I'll go to the record store and buy the CD.

Legal sellers finally made it, partly thanks to Steve Jobs and Itunes. But sometimes, it's finally easier to download legally than illegally.

All the Beautiful Things you do

Respect my authoritah !

I'm a broke grad student, but i still purchase my music. I've given up on physical media, and just use either itunes or bandcamp to buy albums.

If its a month/week where i don't have enough money, I simply wait until that situation changes - i can wait a few days before listening to an album I want to hear.
    Last edited by jacknife737; 02-03-2013 at 06:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

I usually listen to an album in full or to the individual tracks on YouTube, then I'll steal it if I won't be going shopping for a while, then I buy it when I can to support the artist/label. I usually just buy CDs. I think it's a waste of money to buy a digital copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojan View Post
    So really, The Offspring is only Ron. The rest of the band left. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by XYlophonetreeZ View Post
    For selfish reasons, I hope he's really dead. I really don't want to become known as "That guy who keeps making premature death threads for ethnic-looking dudes."

1 members appreciate this post.

I buy music yes, mostly vinyl records. Many of the bands I like only release on vinyl, no CDs, no digital release, no illegal download. So if I want to listen to the music I am forced to buy it.

I also download some music, especially if I just want to check it out. If I really like it, I will probably buy the album.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

I make bi-weekly trips to the local music store(a) and drop $50-$200 on CDs and vinyls. Nothing beats opening a CD for the first time. It's like Christmas morning
    Rex Darr - Bass Guitar

I spend sooo much fucking money on CDs it's not even funny. But it's fun to do so I'm cool with it.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

If I can't find a copy to download off of like piratebay, I'll buy it and if I buy it, I buy the actual CD.

I do miss physically shopping for music. It was always nice going into the record store and just browsing through the titles. And there's also something a little more special about holding the cd in your hands, and then flipping through its booklet.

The switch to purchasing my music digitally was driven by a few factors. Due to my student lifestyle, I move fairly frequently and I got sick of having to move my cd collection with me everywhere I went - it's just a lot easier to have it all loaded on your itunes. Also, the selection in my local record shops has gone downhill considerably, especially when it comes to independent titles - i found myself having to special-order just about everything I wanted, which got to be quite annoying. Not to mention, in terms of cost, an itunes record is around $9.99, while a cd would range anywhere from 9.99-18.99.

I've heard there's a cool indie-record shop downtown that I haven't visited yet, i'm going to have to make a special to check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    I do miss physically shopping for music. It was always nice going into the record store and just browsing through the titles. And there's also something a little more special about holding the cd in your hands, and then flipping through its booklet.

The switch to purchasing my music digitally was driven by a few factors. Due to my student lifestyle, I move fairly frequently and I got sick of having to move my cd collection with me everywhere I went - it's just a lot easier to have it all loaded on your itunes. Also, the selection in my local record shops has gone downhill considerably, especially when it comes to independent titles - i found myself having to special-order just about everything I wanted, which got to be quite annoying. Not to mention, in terms of cost, an itunes record is around $9.99, while a cd would range anywhere from 9.99-18.99.

I've heard there's a cool indie-record shop downtown that I haven't visited yet, i'm going to have to make a special to check it out.
    I have the same problem. Most of the music I buy is through the internet. The record store here does not have much of the music I want, so I will have to buy the physical product from the world, mostly from the US, the UK, Japan or Germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Last edited by samseby; 03-02-2013 at 12:06 AM.