Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New albums 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Retard View Post
    Did not know they had a new one coming out. Thanks for the link.
    You like Sectarian Violence? If so, then that is awesome. I pre-ordered their new record, and I suspect I will have it at the end of this month. They are great in that they have both a European and an American record label, so no matter where you live (in the West), the shipping is cheap. I like a lot of American hardcore punk bands, so I am used to pay a lot to get them shipped from the US to here. The shipping is usually the same price as the records themselves, so I pay double. Vinyl records are heavy. And then I must pay customs. Life is a bitch.
    Last edited by RageAndLov; 04-01-2013 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

New Off With Their Heads is surprisingly pretty good on first listen. The last one was pretty boring in my mind. Looking forward to finding a copy of the new Nails CD "Abandon All Light" or something like that. Once my local record store finds the copy they're supposed to have I'll grab that. I might check out the new ALKaline Trio eventually.
    `
    I'm a huge fan of Home. The more mid-tempo stuff threw me off a bit, because of how aggressive teh band usually is, but they really started to click with me; Ryan Young's lyrics are as brutally depressing as ever and its got catchy hooks, what's not to love? I can see this being one of my top records of the year. I was also a pretty big fan of In Desolation - particularly Clear the Air.

Two records come out tomorrow that i'm incredibly excited for. Frank Turner's new one is probably my most anticipated; i've got incredibly high expectations for it - England Keep My Bones has probably surpassed Love Ire and Song as my favorite record from him. Also, very excited for the new Alkaline Trio; i don't expected it to be groundbreaking, but what i've heard so far is very catchy.

Edit:

Frank Turner actually comes out on the 23rd of this month.
    Last edited by jacknife737; 04-01-2013 at 11:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Yea I really like Sectarian Violence. That demo they did last year is pretty fucking killer. Do you know when exactly they new one is out? They didn't say on the site with the stream.

In Desolation for me was kinda meh, I couldn't really get into it. I remember buying a couple things the day I bought it and really liking the other things I bought a lot more. New one is good.

Did not know that Charles Bradly had a new one out today gonna have to grab that soon.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Yea I really like Sectarian Violence. That demo they did last year is pretty fucking killer. Do you know when exactly they new one is out? They didn't say on the site with the stream.
    It is out on their European label, Carry The Weight Records, in the middle of April, and on their American label, Grave Mistake Records, in the end of April. I don't know if Grave Mistake has a pre-order like Carry The Weight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Also, very excited for the new Alkaline Trio; i don't expected it to be groundbreaking, but what i've heard so far is very catchy.
    I didn't think it was that good

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I didn't think it was that good
    Did you like This Addiction?

I thought this sounded like a good follow up to that record.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    Did you like This Addiction?

I thought this sounded like a good follow up to that record.
    Yeah I did that's actually one of my favorite punk albums of 2010 with The Black Pacific

Default Paramore

Long and diverse album and I find it mostly boring.

The best tracks: Fast In My Car, Now, Part II and maybe Hate to See Your Heart Break

The new Alkaline Trio album is the best since Crimson. I definitely like it more than Agony and Irony, as well as This Addiction. It's like they finally took the fact that they've got a mainstream sound now, accepted it, got comfortable with it, and had fun. A&I was boring - it was like they were trying to write their old songs, but with the new sound, and it didn't work. This Addiction branched out a bit into the new sound, but about half the songs don't really do much for me - kinda boring. But My Shame is True nicely balanced between sounding like true AK3, and experimenting with the new sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Well, I guess QOTSA fans should be excited about the new album. BUT, compare this to anything from the first three albums, which are absolutely golden, this just falls flat. I'm afraid we're getting another Era Vulgaris. It's not that it sounds exactly the same, just that in terms of boringness it's on the same level as that album. Still a fan of the band, but I probably won't bother buying this album.

Alice in Chains on the other hand have another great record coming up, and THAT I look forward to. A Lot.