Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New albums 2013

It seems I'm the only one, but I'm slightly disappointed in the new album from The National. Even for a band that doesn't change up its style very much at all, this album just feels "safe," like it was tailored to get a strong review from indie critics. Half of the drums sound like they were sampled from various tracks on Boxer. I have to say it's hard not to be slightly bored by it. This coming from a guy who thought High Violet was probably their best album ever, though

"Demons," "Hard to Find," and especially "Humiliation" are all really good songs though.
    "LIVE OR DIE, MAN??"

"DIE!!!!!"

"WRONG! HOOOONK!"

Really likin the new QOTSA album. It's a little slower than what I was expecting, but who gives a fuck, its reaalllyyy fucking good. Keep forgetting to order the new RETOX album. Maybe this weekend after the Fucked Up show on thursday.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Quote Originally Posted by Retard View Post
    Really likin the new QOTSA album. It's a little slower than what I was expecting, but who gives a fuck, its reaalllyyy fucking good. Keep forgetting to order the new RETOX album. Maybe this weekend after the Fucked Up show on thursday.
    I haven't checked out the new QOTSA album yet, but I just found out that it has reached #1 on the charts.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=191166
    The founder of The Offspring Wikia, and looking for someone to help out, find out why at this thread.

That's pretty cool I guess. I've never given a shit about chart positions but if an album deserves it then awesome.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Zebrahead - Call Your Friends, will be released this august

I've been spinning the new Alice in Chains album a lot recently.

Now I admit, I was a bit underwhelmed by it at first. I mean, it seemed like an awesome album, but compared to Black Gives Way to Blue it didn't quite "hit" me on the first listen (but then again it's not really fair to compare it to that album, as I've probably listened to BGWTB more than any other album I remember). However, it is a grower and needs more than just a couple spins to be appreciated like it should be. It's different than Black Gives Way to Blue, but that's not a bad thing. In a way I think this has more of that classic AiC vibe than it, some songs really remind me of Dirt and even Facelift era.

Overall I may still like BGWTB just a tiny bit better, but The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here is a very strong release. Yet again, AiC failed to disappoint

edit: Scratch that, this rules just as hard as BGWTB. It's totally up there in terms of quality, just needed more time to grow. Damn I'm loving it...
    Last edited by Rooster; 06-28-2013 at 11:16 AM.

I've been kinda hung up on YEEZUS since Tuesday. It's a weird ass album, but it's good. Beats are noisy as fuck, the songs change up completely sometimes then go back to the original part again. Kanye kinda got a little lazy on the rhymes department but there are still some great lines "HURRY UP WIT MAH DAMN CROISSANTS!". It's a polarizing album for sure, but in the long run that's what makes it successful. I'm personally loving it.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Been listening to Modern Baseball's record "Sports".

Fantastic catchy, folkish stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

That wasn't a bad song, the singers voice is kinda grating a little but nothing too bad. I haven't been to a party like that in a while though, I need to do that ASAP.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Yeah, the nasally voice takes a bit to get used to: but they just click with me really well; i think its the lyrics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.