Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Against Me! and their new album

Default Against Me! and their new album

So AM! is at it again, Transgender Dysphoria Blues is the title of the new record, and it is the first record with a female vocalist. The band has left major label Sire and will self-release the record through their own record label.

Also, Atom Willard is the new drummer of the band after the last drummer quit the band. Some of you may know Atom Willard from being a drummer for Offspring. It would seem like AM! has the same problem with drummer as the Offspring has as AM! has had 3 different drummers in 3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

This one is probably my most anticipated album of the year.

Some of the "new" tracks that i've heard live have been fantastic - the title track, and "Black Me Out" (should it make it the final cut). Against Me! Is one of my favorite bands and I've always love their lyrics, but i'm particularly excited to hear this one due to it's theme's subject matter and its relation to Laura's recent announcement concerning her personal life.

-though based on other more recent videos, the album version will be electric and involve the full band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    Also, Atom Willard is the new drummer of the band after the last drummer quit the band. Some of you may know Atom Willard from being a drummer for Offspring. It would seem like AM! has the same problem with drummer as the Offspring has as AM! has had 3 different drummers in 3 years.
    I don't think The Offspring have that problem they have had 3 drummers in the last 25 years

It was a pity that Jay Weinberg (the guy they had before Atom) didn't end up being a good fit. He brought a lot of energy to their live performances.

I really like Atom as a drummer, but i really wish he'd just pick a band and stick with it. This whole "hired gun" thing is wearing a bit thin with me. It's hard to get excited when he joins a new band, since most likely he'll be gone in a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    It was a pity that Jay Weinberg (the guy they had before Atom) didn't end up being a good fit. He brought a lot of energy to their live performances.

I really like Atom as a drummer, but i really wish he'd just pick a band and stick with it. This whole "hired gun" thing is wearing a bit thin with me. It's hard to get excited when he joins a new band, since most likely he'll be gone in a few months.
    I think he might be out of the band before they go on tour with bad religion next month

This. I saw Jay Weinberg with AM! live last year, and he is so energetic that he makes the rest of the band look damn lazy. He sings along to most of the music, even though he doesn't have a mic.

Looking forward to seeing them next month with Bad Religion. I'm actually more excited to see them than bad religion.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    Transgender Dysphoria Blues is the title of the new record
    it should be called ''Reinventing Tom Gabel''

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    it should be called ''Reinventing Tom Gabel''
    That album is already made by the band Against Us!. It was band playing mock songs and covered old AM! songs when the band had signed to Fat Wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I don't think The Offspring have that problem they have had 3 drummers in the last 25 years
    We're counting from when the main drummer left, though. So the Offspring has had three drummers (four if you count Freese, which I do) in the last 9 years. That is a very similar problem, though 3 drummers in three years is more drastic. And Against Me! had the same drummer from 2001 to 2009.

I feel like he's just trying to get famous. The Offspring turned out to be pretty washed up and not out to make huge waves anymore... Angels and Airwaves drowned in their own pretension... Against Me! is growing in popularity and making a lot of news due to Laura... so he very well might be looking for a ride to fame. And I agree, it's annoying. Just stick with a band.

I watched that live video... I guess Laura hasn't had voice therapy or taken hormones for that yet, because I was expecting her to not sound exactly the same as she did before :P I also find it kind of refreshing that she's isn't overly feminine. I don't have a problem with femininity, but every single trans person I've ever met or seen went overboard with makeup, dresses, colorful nails, and pink everything... it was like they were 12 again. I think it's awesome to see someone transition in a way that seems to suit *them* and not go with expectations.

Also, I never realized that Willard's first name is actually Adam, and he just goes by Atom... he just got even lamer in my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk