Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Against Me! and their new album

I honestly don't think they like White Crosses that much. I think supposedly they had one more album on their contract with Sire. I still havent heard "Reinventing", one of these days I'll get around to it.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

White Crosses would have been twice as good had they included a lot of b-sides and alternative versions of some songs which are found on Black Crosses.

Had they included Strip Mall Parking Lots, Hot Shots (an incredibly great song with awesome lyrics), Soul Surrender, switch the White Crosses version of Spanish Moss with the Black Crosses version and removed Because of the Shame and Western World from White Crosses, then it would have been a much better album.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

^ Funny, Because of the Shame is actually my favorite song on the album.

The only real substitution between White and Black Crosses i'd consider would be to switch We're Breaking Up with David Johansen's Soul. Though, the more I think about it, i still don't think i'd be in favor of such a move considering We're Breaking Up fits in very well with the album's overall "80s influence" sound, while David Johansen's Soul while a great song, seems like it would fit better on say the Eternal Cowbody given its more folkish sound.
    Last edited by jacknife737; 02-24-2013 at 02:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    ^ Funny, Because of the Shame is actually my favorite song on the album.

The only real substitution between White and Black Crosses i'd consider would be to switch We're Breaking Up with David Johansen's Soul. Though, the more I think about it, i still don't think i'd be in favor of such a move considering We're Breaking Up fits in very well with the album's overall "80s influence" sound, while David Johansen's Soul while a great song, seems like it would fit better on say the Eternal Cowbody given its more folkish sound.
    Oh yeah, We're Breaking Up, I dislike that song too. I agree it has that sound, and a sappy love/breaking up theme. I guess I just don't like that and hence I don't like the album very much. I also hate how overproduced some things are. I hope they are done with Butch Vig because he knows how to ruin a good song with dubbing the shit out of everything. I like Black Crosses better because it sounds more real or cleaner instead of fake dubbing and amplified shit.

the tour with bad religion is off because they don't have a drummer

Yea I'm pretty fucking bummed about them dropping off the tour. I was mainly going for them. I like Bad Religion and all but I've seen them like a bunch of times, I don't really need to see them again.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

The big question is of course, will they use the word "aesthetic" on this record?

Andrew Seward has left AM!. No drama. Laura is talking about breaking up the band:
    http://againstme.net/post/4944067035...ames-and-laura

Pretty bummed about it. I don't think he contributed much in terms of songwriting with the band, but he was always such a fantastic presence in the live performances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.