Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Against Me! and their new album

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Vodka Belt
    Posts
    3,270


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    We're counting from when the main drummer left, though. So the Offspring has had three drummers (four if you count Freese, which I do) in the last 9 years. That is a very similar problem, though 3 drummers in three years is more drastic. And Against Me! had the same drummer from 2001 to 2009.




    I feel like he's just trying to get famous. The Offspring turned out to be pretty washed up and not out to make huge waves anymore... Angels and Airwaves drowned in their own pretension... Against Me! is growing in popularity and making a lot of news due to Laura... so he very well might be looking for a ride to fame. And I agree, it's annoying. Just stick with a band.

    I watched that live video... I guess Laura hasn't had voice therapy or taken hormones for that yet, because I was expecting her to not sound exactly the same as she did before :P I also find it kind of refreshing that she's isn't overly feminine. I don't have a problem with femininity, but every single trans person I've ever met or seen went overboard with makeup, dresses, colorful nails, and pink everything... it was like they were 12 again. I think it's awesome to see someone transition in a way that seems to suit *them* and not go with expectations.

    Also, I never realized that Willard's first name is actually Adam, and he just goes by Atom... he just got even lamer in my eyes.
    If you remember the MTV video in the other Laura Jane Grace thread where she showed her wardrobe, I thought Laura had turned very feminine, as if to overcompensate her femininity.

    And I agree with your thoughts on Atom. Why is he in every band there is a spot available?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    9,451


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Also, I never realized that Willard's first name is actually Adam, and he just goes by Atom... he just got even lamer in my eyes.
    wow really? atom was his stage name in rocket from the crypt

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,009


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    wow really? atom was his stage name in rocket from the crypt
    What are you "wow really"ing? The fact that I didn't know that? I'd never heard of him til he joined the Offspring.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    9,451


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    What are you "wow really"ing? The fact that I didn't know that? I'd never heard of him til he joined the Offspring.
    I don't know I just thought it was common knowledge if your a offspring fan like how Dexter's real name is Bryan

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Czech Republic
    Posts
    18,009


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cool 2 hate 681 View Post
    I don't know I just thought it was common knowledge if your a offspring fan like how Dexter's real name is Bryan
    I was a huge fan of the Offspring from about 1998 until 2003. I saw the band live in 2003, with Atom, and was very disappointed, plus I didn't care much for Splinter. My love for the band started to dwindle - and then I bought the CMVC used in 2006 and it spurred me to come to the BBS to find out when the next album was going to come out, but I was no longer that into them. Atom joined right around the same time I stopped caring much about the band, so while I knew Dexter's and Noodles' real names because I was obsessed with the band in 1998, I didn't care enough to look up details about Atom. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

    I do not smoke and do not do drugs

    I just do bumpin in my trunk

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    2,231


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jacknife737 View Post
    It was a pity that Jay Weinberg (the guy they had before Atom) didn't end up being a good fit. He brought a lot of energy to their live performances.

    I really like Atom as a drummer, but i really wish he'd just pick a band and stick with it. This whole "hired gun" thing is wearing a bit thin with me. It's hard to get excited when he joins a new band, since most likely he'll be gone in a few months.

    He's essentially a Diet Josh Freese, in my opinion. I didn't think he fit in very well with the Offspring when he joined for some reason, so I wasn't particularly sad to see him leave for AVA.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Huntington Beach, California
    Posts
    9,451


    Default

    I was I think it hurt the band when he left


    Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    I was a huge fan of the Offspring from about 1998 until 2003. I saw the band live in 2003, with Atom, and was very disappointed, plus I didn't care much for Splinter. My love for the band started to dwindle - and then I bought the CMVC used in 2006 and it spurred me to come to the BBS to find out when the next album was going to come out, but I was no longer that into them. Atom joined right around the same time I stopped caring much about the band, so while I knew Dexter's and Noodles' real names because I was obsessed with the band in 1998, I didn't care enough to look up details about Atom. :P
    ok that makes sense

  8. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    People's Republic of Cork
    Posts
    1,866


    Default

    I must say, I much prefer their earlier albums to the later ones, so I'm not very excited. But I guess it will be interesting either way.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Vodka Belt
    Posts
    3,270


    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I must say, I much prefer their earlier albums to the later ones, so I'm not very excited. But I guess it will be interesting either way.
    I think everyone does. Except the band. Their records keep getting worse and worse chronologically. It goes like this:
    1. Reinventing Axl Rose
    2. As the Eternal Cowboy
    3. Searching for a Former Clarity
    4. New Wave
    5. White Crosses.

    I did not include the EPs which you can put in here and there (all above Searching for a Former Clarity though).
    I love Reinventing Axl Rose so much, it is one of my favourite records of all time and I just can't let go of AM! because I KNOW they can make so much great music, they just choose not to. I have given up the hope of them making music as good as even As the Eternal Cowboy, but I hope they will break this trend of releasing out worse records chronologically and that the new album will be better than White Crosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Winnipeg/The GTA
    Posts
    5,784


    Default

    Searching For a Former Clarity
    Reinventing Axel Rose
    White Crosses
    New Wave
    Eternal Cowboy*

    *Though Sink, Florida, Sink is probably their best song.

    They have yet to make anywhere close to a bad album in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •