Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm sober for over a year now!

Wow, I didn't know the problem was so serious either. I'm really happy for you, David, and I think that what you've done is really impressive. Good luck with everything!

Congratulations! I find it impressive that you have managed such a serious problem that well. Did you do it all by yourself or did you go to meetings/counselling? And do you miss alcohol?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

It wasn't that serious in my case, so I didn't participate in any meetings or such. In a lot of things in life, you just need to learn to control things that happen in your head. Thanks for the kind words everyone again, you know, now that I talk about it, everything seems just too easy
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

Not to offend you or anything, but it sounds like it was. I grew up surrounded by alcoholism and what I read sounded worse than what I grew up with. Maybe its just cultural that what us Americans would perceive as a massive addiction isn't "that serious" elsewhere. And not everyone needs meetings. For some, all it takes is a wake up call, like a seizure caused by withdrawal. But seriously, David, you really did/still have a serious problem and you can't take it too lightly. You might feel good right now, but down the road...
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Perhaps I misspoke. I will never ever take this lightly. When I said everything is just too easy, I meant how easy it seems to me now not to drink(and how hard it seemed a year ago). I'm happy about that and it's just great how things are now and why would I want to change good things for worse? This is good life
    Burn it up because you do not call ignition ............ Because ignition is born green and then ripens and becomes burn it up, which is yellow, then darkens and becomes a song that has yet to be published and will appear in a collection of b-sides and brown nell'accezione this song is a song from the session discarded of ignition.

It doesn't sound like it was a serious problem to me either. You should all probably stop treating him like he's some sort of vulnerable invalid who needs your gushing praise and affirmation to stay sober.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    It doesn't sound like it was a serious problem to me either. You should all probably stop treating him like he's some sort of vulnerable invalid who needs your gushing praise and affirmation to stay sober.
    I don't think anyone treated him like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Well done Totally gonna drink to your success tomorrow night!

Bumping this thread, anyone remember these crazy stories I shared about my past life? I feel like I should catch up those who are interested. I got married on the 23rd of November and my little baby girl was born on the 5th of December. Here are my two ladies:

Talk about life changes, hahaha
    I am doing pretty well. P.S.: Still sober.

Cool. Stay sober. Occupy your time more constructively. Be like me...everytime I want to have a drink, I simply make fun of people dumber than me...which is basically everybody. We all have to cope.