Thread: If you had enough money to never have to work again, would you do it anyway?

Default If you had enough money to never have to work again, would you do it anyway?

Would you feel an obligation to be a productive member of society even if earning money is taken out of the equation? If so, could you dedicate yourself to full-time hours of this productive endeavor, knowing that you don't have to be there?
    Last edited by bighead384; 02-19-2013 at 06:59 AM.
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

The world is run by playing the power of money games. No matter who the fuck you are in the shitty fields. Seriously.

I don't feel that obligation now (I might be a productive member as a side effect, but that's not what I care about). So, no is the answer.

Having money has no bearing whether or not people choose to be productive. Just because you have enough money is no reason to simply sit on your fat ass. Just look at this welfare society we have become. Hell, you can be poor and also be a non-productive member of this society and live decently. Generational handouts from you and I, Mr. and Ms. Taxpayer, given to people for simply existing and having the ability to take a daily dump. At least these people keep the sewage system busy. Bravo.

I'd probably have to do something with my time. Not a 9-5 job for the sake of a paycheque, but maybe i'd go work/volunteer at a nonprofit or some type of humanitarian type organization; or continue on with my education (ie go on to do a phd/post doc/ university teaching/researching ect).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gabel
    Adrenaline carried one last thought to fruition.
    Let this be the end.
    Let this be the last song.
    Let this be the end.
    Let all be forgiven.