Thread: Do you argue on Facebook?

Default Do you argue on Facebook?

Would you say that arguing on Facebook is inherently obnoxious, regardless of the person or manner in which it is done? Is there a legitimate motivation for arguing on Facebook?
    When they said "sit down", I stood up.

Not at all. It's pointless. It's useless. FUCKING SHIT.

It totally depends on what it is, and the extent of the arguing. If its about politics, yea that can be annoying, when it comes down to name calling and petty shit like that it can get annoying. But say its about something like the ending of some an episode of say the walking dead. People can argue about that a little bit, because in the long run arguments can be fun. But again it's all about what the argument is about and the amount of arguing there is.
    fuck fuck shit fuck

Arguing about politics, bad. Arguing about a mediocre television show, good
    I wrote a four word letter.

Quote Originally Posted by WebDudette View Post
    Arguing about politics, bad. Arguing about a mediocre television show, good
    Why is discussing politics bad? A functional liberal democracy is based on public discussion among other things. Of course, bickering and calling each other dumb for voting this or that is just meaningless, but a proper discussion on a political topic can't harm. Of course, FB doesn't offer the best platform for political issues as they most often are long and complex, but I still don't see any harm in superifical discussions on FB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Sometimes I find myself typing a reply to something stupid/ignorant a friend posted. I'm usually almost done before I remember its pointless and that so long as they don't bug me about these topics IRL, I don't give a fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAndLov View Post
    Why is discussing politics bad? A functional liberal democracy is based on public discussion among other things. Of course, bickering and calling each other dumb for voting this or that is just meaningless, but a proper discussion on a political topic can't harm. Of course, FB doesn't offer the best platform for political issues as they most often are long and complex, but I still don't see any harm in superifical discussions on FB.
    You switched from the "arguing" that everyone else was talking about to "discussing" - huge difference! I'll discuss politics with rational, calm, intelligent people, but I sure as hell will not argue about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    You switched from the "arguing" that everyone else was talking about to "discussing" - huge difference! I'll discuss politics with rational, calm, intelligent people, but I sure as hell will not argue about it.
    Oh if that's the case, then I guess not. I don't want to argue about politics anywhere, not just on FB. It's not constructive at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

I was making a joke about how Retard finds arguing about politics annoying and trivial, but an argument about the Walking Dead can be a good thing.
    I wrote a four word letter.