Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: International languages thread

This whole thing is super fucking weird. Way weirder than the original thread, maybe because DuskyGrin's insanity is expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Offspring-Junkie View Post
    I have the impression we have a lot of fake account here. I thought that it is one guy creating a lot of accounts. I just wrote 4 personal messages with her about the price of my "Two Days A Week" VIP ticket and quit talking to her because her German was strange, really strange. I still think it is, but I don't exactly know why. I don't want anything from her. Something is strange about her (at least I think so). If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.
    You definitely sound paranoid. I know SO many people in real life who are native speakers of English, but type super weirdly online.

He could have just copied it from any youtube text. "Mädel" you find very easily, even in some translation programs. "irgendwas" and "außerdem" are normal words.
    I didn't say you can't find them, but translation programs do not offer them when you enter "girl", "something", or "also" into them. Never. I constantly translate stuff from English to German online, and they never offer those options.

The translation of the upper text sounds in English like this:
    How about the mainly spray effect (about around 15 meters). But you know, some splinters can fly farther away.

The text is wrong. It sounds German, but doesn't make any sense in the way the sentence is put together.
    I read it as, How about the main fragments (radius of up to 15 meters)? But you know, some fragments can fly farther.

Which means the same thing (she summarized the point - that the main fragments will reach 15 meters, but some fragments might go farther), and provides us with some proof that she understood the video.

You didn't ask Samesby to transcribe the video verbatim. If she was able to say what the video was about in German, she's also smart enough to know the difference between du and Sie/sie. Why would she feel compelled to use the formal (which, as you said, wasn't even used in the video) when describing it to *you*?

Besides that, Samseby always writes in the German answer to me Dein/Deine/Du instead dein/deine/du. The only occasion in which you use that is in letters, formal and old writing style, totally inappropriate in a forum. And you only use it, if you don't refer to something, where you say that something belongs to you, so she used it wrong. Any native knows that, those who aren't native don't even use the formal letter version of "Dein/Deine/Du".
    Yes, I noticed that she capitalizes informal pronouns, but a non-native speaker is no more likely to do that. If I started writing You all the time, people might think it's weird, but nobody would presume I'm not a native speaker. I learned German as a second language, and I'd never capitalize du/deine/dein. That is not a sign of her not being native.

Who is that friend from Vienna, do you know him for real or from this forum? Which BBS name is it?

The "that's fo sho" somehow indicates the second.
    I know her from away from the BBS (she is not a poster here), she is actually from Wien, but nice display of more paranoia

Strangely enough the other German posts that followed were in perfect German, insulting me, although from the short message transfer I had two years ago, "she" must have known that I want nothing from her, I stopped posting with her, now she claims I want her "pussy" (sorry). It really is strange.

If she is a native speaker, honestly Samseby, I'm deeply sorry, I don't want to hurt you, but I highly doubt it.
    Her personal replies to you were in perfect German. How is that not enough for you? And where the hell did she say you want her pussy? I did not see that. Please copy/paste that for me.

This is fucking psycho. And we all know that this BBS does not need more psychos.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Her personal replies to you were in perfect German. How is that not enough for you? And where the hell did she say you want her pussy? I did not see that. Please copy/paste that for me.

This is fucking psycho. And we all know that this BBS does not need more psychos.
    Sorry that's my fault, she said she wouldn't post her p.... to prove she's girl, my bad.

Still it's strange. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, I just don't understand it. So now I'm officially batshit crazy, I can live with that. But the other points, what about them in my last post. She made too many mistakes regarding the translation. Obvious mistakes again. The perfect German answers, yeah, that's a point, but you can put them easily together with a translation programm or copy it somewhere else. Research and translation is not a huge deal. But the hard part on the video is my point, why did she screw it up? The sentence (the meaning) is wrong. Why did she do it wrong, that's not just sloppy, I guess she didn't know what she was translating.

I read it as, How about the main fragments (radius of up to 15 meters)? But you know, some fragments can fly farther.
    It's wrong, that's my point. I don't care how you read it, it's not the content of the video. I did the correct translation. "How about the spray effect" doesn't make any sense!!! What does it mean? Do you understand now? She doesn't know what she's writing and she's writing it wrong! She even capitalizes "Dein". It's impossible that she's native German.

Who said that the translation is right, what did you show him/her?

"But you know" wasn't even mentioned and doesn't make any sense in this clip, even regarding the group. It's wrong for two different reasons, that what I wanted to say.
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

I just leave this conversation, I'm not sure myself anymore. I don't want to make anyone angry, still I think there's some alternative accounts. I stick with being paranoid and keep it that way. I'm sorry Samseby. I give up. I don't want anything from Samseby. Shit happens.

We all can agree that my story was very paraniod and that I'm very suspicious. So I want to apologize Samseby. Still, because I know I'm that way, I want to prevent to think that stupidly about you again. I simply want to know, how did you learn German? How was it taught to you? In school?

Leave it alone. Just drop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Haha. "I'm sorry samseby for the fifth time but could you still prove you actually know german"

Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    I just want to know why she writes "Deine/Dein/Du" big all the time, I don't claim she's fake. That's the only question left. If she learned it in school, that's strange. Because everyone knows, that you don't do that. Llamas knows it and she's not a native. Therefore she didn't learn German at school, nor in Germany, that's for sure. Am I right Llamas?

Like if you write Your/You/Yours in English all the time, it's as strange as that. Perfect English except of that detail.

Everything else you can explain in any other strange way, except of that. It is strange. She didn't do it two years ago, when I wrote with her, why does she now?

This question I want to be answered. Is that okay?
    Last edited by Offspring-Junkie; 03-01-2013 at 11:12 AM.

We all can agree that my story was very paraniod and that I'm very suspicious. So I want to apologize Samseby. Still, because I know I'm that way, I want to prevent to think that stupidly about you again. I simply want to know, how did you learn German? How was it taught to you? In school?
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lost_ View Post
    I have to agree with Lost here. If you're really curious about all this, may I suggest taking it to PM?

I just want to know why she writes "Deine/Dein/Du" big all the time, I don't claim she's fake. That's the only question left. If she learned it in school, that's strange. Because everyone knows, that you don't do that. Llamas knows it and she's not a native. Therefore she didn't learn German at school, nor in Germany, that's for sure. Am I right Llamas?

Like if you write Your/You/Yours in English all the time, it's as strange as that. Perfect English except of that detail.
    I have to disagree with you on this. English has never, ever capitalized any pronouns besides I. German used to capitalize ALL pronouns, and it is still acceptable (though uncommon) to write with them capitalized. Of course someone who learns German as a foreign language would never do that because we are taught modern German. I actually think the fact that she does that implies that she's a native speaker of German from an older generation. I have seen it before by native speakers, but I never really took note of it. This discussion here inspired me to look it up, and I found this:
    "Only the German personal pronoun "Sie" must be capitalized. Spelling reform logically left the formal Sie and its related forms (Ihnen, Ihr) capitalized, but called for the informal, familiar forms of "you" (du, dich, ihr, euch, etc.) to be in lower case letters. Out of habit or preference, many German speakers still capitalize du in their letters and email. But they don't have to."

Everything else you can explain in any other strange way, except of that. It is strange. She didn't do it two years ago, when I wrote with her, why does she now?
    If she didn't do it before, but she did it this time, how on earth does this even hint at her not speaking natively? That is simply NOT behavior that is taught to you by learning it elsewhere - that is something you do out of habit, and would come from upbringing. And thus, it implies that she's native.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by samseby View Post
    @o-j
    Nicht, dass es mich wirklich interessieren würde - also fühl' Dich jetzt bitte nicht geschmeichelt oder so - aber haben Dir Deine Eltern vielleicht in frühester Kindheit nicht genug Aufmerksamkeit geschenkt oder wurdest Du irgendwann mal mit 'nem Klammerbeutel gepudert oder hast Du schlicht und ergreifend einfach nur 'nen Sockenschuss?
    You claim people do that in Germany? This is no habit, not formal, this is wrong. Why does she write it wrong? "haben Dir Deine Eltern" is wrong. Like if you write in English "have Your parents" (what I claim to be wrong). That's what I say. And it's true, you know that. Even the big "Du/Dich" are not appropriate, so where did she learn German wrong? You're on denial here and you know that. No one uses "Du/Dich"especially "Deine" big. Especially in E-Mails (people are lazy, even in business E-mails sometimes they don't write big at all). I don't care what's written in Llamas paragraph. "Du" and "Dich" can be written big technically, but no one does that. Except of elderly women in letters, HANDWRITTEN letters. NO PREFERENCE!

But you guys do know that I'm native Austrian, do you?

So where did Samseby learn German please?

Slowly this is getting ridiculous on your side, watch out. Don't try to teach me German.
    Last edited by Offspring-Junkie; 03-01-2013 at 02:41 PM.

You claim people do that in Germany? This is no habit, not formal, this is wrong. Why does she write it wrong? "haben Dir Deine Eltern" is wrong. Like if you write in English "have Your parents" (what I claim to be wrong). That's what I say. And it's true, you know that. Even the big "Du/Dich" are not appropriate, so where did she learn German wrong? You're on denial here and you know that. No one uses "Du/Dich"especially "Deine" big. Especially in E-Mails (people are lazy, even in business E-mails sometimes they don't write big at all). I don't care what's written in Llamas paragraph. "Du" and "Dich" can be written big technically, but no one does that. Except of elderly women in letters, HANDWRITTEN letters. NO PREFERENCE!

But you guys do know that I'm native Austrian, do you?

So where did Samseby learn German please?

Slowly this is getting ridiculous on your side, watch out. Don't try to teach me German.
    Pretty sure it's been ridiculous for awhile now, and not on Samesby's part.

Of all the people who I thought might turn out to be secretly nuts, I never expected it to be Offspring-Junkie.
    I am part of a degenerate elite
    Dragging our society into the street