Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: International languages thread

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Pretty sure it's been ridiculous for awhile now, and not on Samesby's part.

Of all the people who I thought might turn out to be secretly nuts, I never expected it to be Offspring-Junkie.
    Just wait.
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

seriously, drop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Offspring-Junkie View Post
    So now I'm officially batshit crazy
    I just leave this conversation, I'm not sure myself anymore. I don't want to make anyone angry ... I stick with being paranoid and keep it that way. I'm sorry Samseby. I give up.
    We all can agree that my story was very paraniod and that I'm very suspicious. So I want to apologize Samseby.
    These were the most logical, intelligent comments you made in this entire thread. This is seriously a fucking weird obsession. Admitting that it's fucking weird and that you're crazy and paranoid does not lead to people being more accepting of you continuing on with this shit. It doesn't. Fucking. Matter. And if you want to discuss it with her, take it to PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Offspring-Junkie
    So where did Samseby learn German please?
    You are the only person who cares. Take it to PM. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Just for fun...

I once had a roommate in the US when I was 19. One day, as she was checking her email, she said, "What is "steek"?" I told her I had never heard it before, and asked her to read it in context. She said, "February 14 is coming up, otherwise known as "steek and blowjob day". It is a day when men are rewarded with gifts from their girlfriends." (something like that - it was a super lame forwarded email.) I asked her how "steek" was spelled, and she said, "s-t-e-a-k". I said, "....that's pronounced "steak"... it's meat. Good meat." And she said, "What?? I thought that was s-t-a-k-e!" We were in university. She was educated, 100% native speaker.

And then I see statuses from her online that look like:

You know you are parenting right when it Really does hurt you as much as it hurts them

T minus 8 hours until my first Cleanse begins.

Happy Saturday Everyone!! Made Ribs for the first time, ate them and played 'Ticket to Ride' with the family.

More than half of her statuses have weird, random capitalization. And I know she doesn't have a smart phone and posts this all from a computer, so this is not automatic. She also makes really obvious, simple grammatical errors which I would not normally expect from a native speaker:

I find myself starring at the leaves this season (staring vs starring is pretty obvious...)

Today she now will try everything and has enjoyed some including:
    [list of foods] (such an unnatural way to write a sentence in English... very strange)

And then there are some with both:

It is beautiful, classy and Amazingly in my itty bitty budget!!

Every native speaker should know that you don't capitalize things like adjectives, adverbs, enhancers, and common nouns, right? They should know how to write sentences in a natural, clear way, right? Most do. Some don't. I lived with her. I've met her mom. I've been to the town she grew up in. This girl is 100% a native speaker of English, and has a degree. It sometimes makes me shake my head in sadness when I see her posts, but that's it.
    Last edited by Llamas; 03-01-2013 at 09:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I apologize again, this totally makes sense, Llamas. Thank you.
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Every native speaker should know that you don't capitalize things like adjectives, adverbs, enhancers, and common nouns, right? They should know how to write sentences in a natural, clear way, right? Most do. Some don't. I lived with her. I've met her mom. I've been to the town she grew up in. This girl is 100% a native speaker of English, and has a degree. It sometimes makes me shake my head in sadness when I see her posts, but that's it.
    Maybe she has a burning desire to be German? They capitalise the shit out of everything there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black View Post
    I don't grab tits. I have tits thrust upon me.

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!