Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: International languages thread

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Hope ad8 comes back.

And there'd be no way to tell it was translated, and not simply written by someone who's learned German as a second or foreign language. o-j is on crack.

It'd be really funny if o-j was actually the alt and doesn't speak German natively. My money's on that.
    I said no jokes, you know I'm way better in German than you are. I want everybody in this forum to understand, therefore I must ensure, that this is just a joke of yours. I hope Beheaded joins, he understands German.
    Do you think you‘d sell your soul
    To just have one thing to turn out right?

Tell me, exactly what were her mistakes? I'm super curious I can tell you that a translator will not give you words like "sowas" (it will always say "etwas" or maybe "irgendwas"), "außerdem" (it will say "auch"), and it will ESPECIALLY not give you "mädel", since that's a freaking dialectual word - a translator will obviously give you "mädchen".

I'm beginning to think I speak more German than o-j...

Edit: I just sent Samesby's text to a friend of mine who's from Wien. She had this to say: "what samseby writes is perfect german, even with a saying you englishspeaking people don't have, so that's fo sho. She speaks german. What else can I do for you?"

Case closed. What have we learned? Offspring-Junkie is either insane or an alt. Samesby is a native speaker of German. Harley Quiinn is not Samesby. Llamas is a Japanese Llama and not an American human. HarleyQuiinn is an asshole for getting Schnappi stuck in my head.

[/thread]
    Last edited by Llamas; 02-27-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Last edited by samseby; 03-01-2013 at 11:52 PM.

Maybe I was just wrong. I'm really a little crazy, I don't know.
    Last edited by Offspring-Junkie; 02-27-2013 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by samseby View Post
    @o-j
    Nicht, dass es mich wirklich interessieren würde - also fühl' Dich jetzt bitte nicht geschmeichelt oder so - aber haben Dir Deine Eltern vielleicht in frühester Kindheit nicht genug Aufmerksamkeit geschenkt oder wurdest Du irgendwann mal mit 'nem Klammerbeutel gepudert oder hast Du schlicht und ergreifend einfach nur 'nen Sockenschuss?
    Du hast den Text ziemlich schlecht übersetzt und ich bin scheinbar paranoid.

Wieso übersetzt du den Text falsch, kannst du mir das erklären?

Okay, so this thread is almost as ridiculous as the original post. even if its an alt account, honestly, explain to me why out matters to you so damn much. Did she trick you into giving her thousands of dollars? Did she trick you into loving her and then post all of the crazy love stricken things you said on another forum? Did she run over your dog on purpose? Did she make you lick white dog Shit? Did she sell you a car with a transmission full of saw dust, like the dad in Matilda? Did she eat the least donut? Did she get you fired from your job? Did she steal your promotion? Did she borrow and stretch out your favorite sweater? Did she go on a date with you and not put out? Did she tell all your friends that you were stalking her? Was she your waitress and give you bad service? Was she your partner on project and flaked on her half of the assignment, causing you to fail the class?
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

I have the impression we have a lot of fake account here. I thought that it is one guy creating a lot of accounts. I just wrote 4 personal messages with her about the price of my "Two Days A Week" VIP ticket and quit talking to her because her German was strange, really strange. I still think it is, but I don't exactly know why. I don't want anything from her. Something is strange about her (at least I think so). If I'm wrong, I'm sorry.

I have a lot of frIends whose written English is a little strange. Some people just write a little strangely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Miss_1565 View Post
    Or what? Or you'll leave as soon as someone returns your rudeness and delete all your posts? I'm so scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Tell me, exactly what were her mistakes? I'm super curious I can tell you that a translator will not give you words like "sowas" (it will always say "etwas" or maybe "irgendwas"), "außerdem" (it will say "auch"), and it will ESPECIALLY not give you "mädel", since that's a freaking dialectual word - a translator will obviously give you "mädchen".

I'm beginning to think I speak more German than o-j...

Edit: I just sent Samesby's text to a friend of mine who's from Wien. She had this to say: "what samseby writes is perfect german, even with a saying you englishspeaking people don't have, so that's fo sho. She speaks german. What else can I do for you?"

Case closed. What have we learned? Offspring-Junkie is either insane or an alt. Samesby is a native speaker of German. Harley Quiinn is not Samesby. Llamas is a Japanese Llama and not an American human. HarleyQuiinn is an asshole for getting Schnappi stuck in my head.

[/thread]
    He could have just copied it from any youtube text. "Mädel" you find very easily, even in some translation programs. "irgendwas" and "außerdem" are normal words.

The relevant stuff is as he translated the English into German. The text:

Quote Originally Posted by samseby View Post
    Wie wär's mit der hauptsächlichen Splitterwirkung (Umkreis von bis zu 15 Metern)? Aber Du weißt, einzelne Splitter können auch erheblich weiter fliegen ...
    The translation of the upper text sounds in English like this:
    How about the mainly spray effect (about around 15 meters). But you know, some splinters can fly farther away.

The text is wrong. It sounds German, but doesn't make any sense in the way the sentence is put together.

The real text goes:
    Ihre hauptsächliche Splitterwirkung erzielt die Splittergranate zwar im Umkreis von bis zu 15 Metern, einzelne Splitter können jedoch erheblich weiter fliegen.
    Fassen wir nochmal zusammen: Also, Kappe abschrauben,
    ... here he starts taking the cap off.

Mainly the spray effect of the splinter granade is reached at around 15 meters, individual splinters still can fly farther away. Let's sum it up: So, screw the cap off,....

So apart from the text being weird, senseless and wrong, he did another mistake. He translated the English into German this way:
    Aber Du weißt, einzelne...
    The teacher talks formal German, he never uses the word "you". And he never uses the term "But you know". Samseby just took it from a English text. In this context the teacher must have used "Sie" instead of "Du" (besides he didn't even say the sentence) as it is more formal and he is talking to a group. Similar to French using "Vous etez" instead of "Tu es". This means "you are" in Singular and Plural, impossible to differ in English.

Besides that, Samseby always writes in the German answer to me Dein/Deine/Du instead dein/deine/du. The only occasion in which you use that is in letters, formal and old writing style, totally inappropriate in a forum. And you only use it, if you don't refer to something, where you say that something belongs to you, so she used it wrong. Any native knows that, those who aren't native don't even use the formal letter version of "Dein/Deine/Du".

Who is that friend from Vienna, do you know him for real or from this forum? Which BBS name is it?

The "that's fo sho" somehow indicates the second.

Strangely enough the other German posts that followed were in perfect German, insulting me, although from the short message transfer I had two years ago, "she" must have known that I want nothing from her, I stopped posting with her, now she claims I want her "pussy" (sorry). It really is strange.

If she is a native speaker, honestly Samseby, I'm deeply sorry, I don't want to hurt you, but I highly doubt it.