Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Great Depression Cooking

Wow I was shocked to see how the Usual Suspect* derailed this thread and once again made it into another topic about how this relates to The Usual Suspect.

I never made this recipe cause lentils aren't a common part of my diet. The recipe itself wasn't at all interesting or appealling, but that wasn't why I watched the video. The charismatic and charming old lady is why I watched, she clearly has no idea what the internet or youtube is. Which is why my heart-swooned when she said 'thank you for listening'. Aw, the internet is a fancy radio to her.

*I decided to anonymize this person because
    A) it should be obvious who I'm talking about anyways.
    B) I don't have the patience or attention span for a long series of back-and-forths in the off-chance said person feels defensive
    C) Goddamn why does everything you write have to be 100% how it relates to you? I was worried two threads ago when the thought crossed my mind that I was beong unfair, but here I am, two threads later and 100% of your/said person's posts have been unnecessary anecdotes about ugggh...nevermind.

P.s. I am actually NOT talking about llamas, who is clearly superior for having cooked this before and uggggh. Lets talk about the sweet old lady.

P.p.s. Best way to skip the basics? Sauce in a fucking bag, all your base are can go to hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-6005 View Post
    I do no be following, fortune prick me if I do no.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Wow I was shocked to see how the Usual Suspect* derailed this thread and once again made it into another topic about how this relates to The Usual Suspect.

I never made this recipe cause lentils aren't a common part of my diet. The recipe itself wasn't at all interesting or appealling, but that wasn't why I watched the video. The charismatic and charming old lady is why I watched, she clearly has no idea what the internet or youtube is. Which is why my heart-swooned when she said 'thank you for listening'. Aw, the internet is a fancy radio to her.

*I decided to anonymize this person because
    A) it should be obvious who I'm talking about anyways.
    B) I don't have the patience or attention span for a long series of back-and-forths in the off-chance said person feels defensive
    C) Goddamn why does everything you write have to be 100% how it relates to you? I was worried two threads ago when the thought crossed my mind that I was beong unfair, but here I am, two threads later and 100% of your/said person's posts have been unnecessary anecdotes about ugggh...nevermind.

P.s. I am actually NOT talking about llamas, who is clearly superior for having cooked this before and uggggh. Lets talk about the sweet old lady.

P.p.s. Best way to skip the basics? Sauce in a fucking bag, all your base are can go to hell.
    There's nobody else this could be about :P But this whole post is very strangely passive-aggressive and, well, useless? I mean, what are you trying to accomplish with this passive attack? :P Anyway, I admitted my mistake and left it alone. But the original post *was* about the cooking, and not about the lady, so I wasn't off topic
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

I was hoping you'd start writing better posts.

And yeah I didn't read the entire argument because, wtf not that interesting...? The passive-aggressiveness came from me opening 4 threads, and in all four you write the same post:

I __X___ therefore ___Y___. My point was try skipping the "I ___X____" part.
    Also don't respond to this by saying " but none of my posts start with I!"

As for the point of my post, its sandwiched in between Das Kritik Der Llamas.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelchairman View Post
    I was hoping you'd start writing better posts.

And yeah I didn't read the entire argument because, wtf not that interesting...? The passive-aggressiveness came from me opening 4 threads, and in all four you write the same post:

I __X___ therefore ___Y___. My point was try skipping the "I ___X____" part.
    Also don't respond to this by saying " but none of my posts start with I!"

As for the point of my post, its sandwiched in between Das Kritik Der Llamas.
    Haha, soooo.... you made a post that was fakely anonymous in who it was about and went out of your way to say you didn't want to provoke the person into being defensive, but really you did want me to know it was me... so what was the point of the "usual suspect" crap and dragging the post out to be like 15x longer than it needed to be for this "anonymous" thing? :P Also, if you don't want people to get defensive, maybe try presenting things in a less attacking and weird way... just a thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmak84 View Post
    I do not drink alcohol and coffee

I do not smoke and do not do drugs

I just do bumpin in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Llamas View Post
    Haha, soooo.... you made a post that was fakely anonymous in who it was about and went out of your way to say you didn't want to provoke the person into being defensive, but really you did want me to know it was me... so what was the point of the "usual suspect" crap and dragging the post out to be like 15x longer than it needed to be for this "anonymous" thing? :P Also, if you don't want people to get defensive, maybe try presenting things in a less attacking and weird way... just a thought!
    For that I can only blame my short attention-span and incredible whininess. At the end of the post I debated whether there'd be a point in keeping it anonymous. If you don't specify a name in these things people tend to get pretty insecure and assume its about them. (You probably would've too, though maybe not).

Maybe I'm just defensive about old ladies. They're adorable and all love me. Old ladies llamas, thats apparently where I draw the line. This far, no further.